im so pleased guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im so pleased guys

ive just bought 2 tow straps n 4 shackles for less than £60 with p&p im so pleased with myself for saving , next im saving for the 3in bodylift on skull n for someone who helped me out other day no names mentioned but you know who you are ,then for my 4in suspension & maybe some more stickers from apache.
    so things looking good slowly n all thanks to you guys giving me confidence n help & making me feel part of something.

will u need to do the sus lift first otherwise it will look crap with just a 3" body lift first, it won't look right mate just my opinion plus don't forget you need to lengthen other parts when you do a 3" body lift

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      will u need to do the sus lift first otherwise it will look crap with just a 3" body lift first, it won't look right mate just my opinion plus don't forget you need to lengthen other parts when you do a 3" body lift
      yeah there is that m8 but least its a start n feel like doing the cheapest first. then it gives me something else to save for if you get my meaning. put you prob right in getting suspension done first but i always do things wrong way round

Comment

if you dont have a tow bar where would you atatch tow straps to, i'm sure i read on here that the towing 'eye' is not suitable for that purpose and is only used for securing vehciles on delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by fergus View Post
          if you dont have a tow bar where would you atatch tow straps to, i'm sure i read on here that the towing 'eye' is not suitable for that purpose and is only used for securing vehciles on delivery?
          i have always used to 2 tow eyes at the rear for pulling trucks out or for being pulled out myself with no problems as its the only place to attatch anything to.I have always been told never attatched the towstraps to a tow bar
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            i have always used to 2 tow eyes at the rear for pulling trucks out or for being pulled out myself with no problems as its the only place to attatch anything to.I have always been told never attatched the towstraps to a tow bar
            Absolutely correct rich, towbars are not designed for the stresses and strains of brute force, they are simply for towing. The towing eyes are more than adequate as i found out on a few occasions, front and rear.
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

yup stick a shackle through the back towing points and bobs yer uncle.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
              X