inter cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inter cooler

i want to fit a inter cooler to my 92 j reg 2.4 ssrg surf i know what cooler to get but what piping do i get to do the job and what is the reason for fitting one??????????????????????????? ??????
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

why do you want to fit one if you don't know what it's for??

you need the piping to reach the intercooler in whichever position you mount it... and then a bit more to reach where it's going to on the other end.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
      i want to fit a inter cooler to my 92 j reg 2.4 ssrg surf i know what cooler to get but what piping do i get to do the job and what is the reason for fitting one?????????????????????????????? ???
      Because you know you want a 3.0ltr but hope this will help the snail, as a stop gap
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Because you know you want a 3.0ltr but hope this will help the snail, as a stop gap
        A scoop on the bonnet will slow it down though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          A scoop on the bonnet will slow it down though.

maybe mate if slower is possible
          Brian

Comment

well when carl came to get me at the start of his town and i was behind him flowing him to his place his surf seamed a lot quicker and when he tolled me that his surf is a 2.4 and it was down to the inter cooler that he fitted to his surf it sounds like a good plan to get one for my surf to. as for 3l surfs i looked at say 12 surfs and 7 of them where 3ls ones and all of them or most of them had head and over heating probs and the surf that i got had just had a new head and rad
            and the last owner looked after it very well and it was the ssrg that won me over 3 l surfs you can keep them you are welcome to them m8 2.4 ssrg will do me fine and you will spend what to get 100 mile in your surf .for 100mile 1/4 of the tank and most of that is spent with the foot down and doing 70 to 85 mph that's fast enough for me pal
            Last edited by jeff.fn02jwa; 10 March 2008, 02:21.
            S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Good mod jeff, its the way forward. Basically you need a 90 degree bend to go from turbo and point upwards, then a small piece of correct size exhaust or the like to jubilee clip to, then get another 90 degree bend to come off short exhaust piece and point to the intercooler. At the other side same is needed in reverse but it needs to be stepped up in size as the inlet manifould is bigger than intercooler.

Do I feel another blairgowrie trip coming up?
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
              X