Some help quick please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help quick please

can anyone tell me if the alternator from a 1993 k reg 2.4 truck is the same wiring as a 1992 J reg truck.The problem is the wire connection block is different on the 2 alternators but the wires are all the same so will it be ok to rewire the connector to fit the alternator
    Thanks All for any help asap please
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    can anyone tell me if the alternator from a 1993 k reg 2.4 truck is the same wiring as a 1992 J reg truck.The problem is the wire connection block is different on the 2 alternators but the wires are all the same so will it be ok to rewire the connector to fit the alternator
    Thanks All for any help asap please
    when we changed my brothers truck which was k and used mine as a reference i didn't notice any differences and we had another starter of unknown origin (age) we bolted on with no problems. can't say for certain sorry (choclate firegaurd). but i woulnt of said it would be a problem
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
      we had another starter of unknown origin
      Alternator or starter motor?

Comment

sorry compleately missread that thread if you need help with starters don't call me
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

thanks anyway guys i managed to talk to the good doctor and it seems as if it will be ok to cut the wires and put the other connection plug for the ALTERNATOR
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The man that knows once told me there are 5 different types !!
            Could be differing outpouts, connections etc .... Sorry if that's vague Rich, best bet is to check the corresponding numbers of each unit !!

There's always a payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X