manual transmission oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual transmission oil

With regards to "STICKY" general servicing info,as this info is based on the 3ltr 4RUNNER, would the manual gearbox oil be the same for my 92 2.4td 5spd manual gearbox i.e. 3 litres of multipurpose gear oil API GL-4 pr GL-5, SAE 75W-90, also is the drain plug for the gearbox on the side or bottom as I've been under the vehicle and the only outlet I can see is on the right hand lower side but nothing directly on the bottom, where you would expect a drain plug to be?

Originally posted by karl higgs
    With regards to "STICKY" general servicing info,as this info is based on the 3ltr 4RUNNER, would the manual gearbox oil be the same for my 92 2.4td 5spd manual gearbox i.e. 3 litres of multipurpose gear oil API GL-4 pr GL-5, SAE 75W-90, also is the drain plug for the gearbox on the side or bottom as I've been under the vehicle and the only outlet I can see is on the right hand lower side but nothing directly on the bottom, where you would expect a drain plug to be?
    drain plug should be on the bottom of the box, the one on the side is your fill/ level, manual gearbox oil will be the same, auto's are different oil
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      drain plug should be on the bottom of the box, the one on the side is your fill/ level, manual gearbox oil will be the same, auto's are different oil

I have located fill/level plug, but I can't seem to locate drain plug only one visible is on bottom right of gearbox and fill/level plug about half way up on left hand side, no plug directly facing the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by karl higgs
        I have located fill/level plug, but I can't seem to locate drain plug only one visible is on bottom right of gearbox and fill/level plug about half way up on left hand side, no plug directly facing the floor?
        Drain plug on my 2.4 is in line with filler plug on bottom.90 deg. arc from filler plug.

Neville

Comment

Working...
        X