Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the HR bods out there

Evening All

Sorry not fuel pump or timing belt related. What is the law regarding enforced retirement?

I understand the new law 2006 regarding requesting permission from your employer to continue after 65 but where do you stand if you are 68 and still working.

Its not me but father in law is being pressured to leave his job, still doing it perfectly so cant get him on those grounds. Taking the new age laws into consideration would an employer have to give a minimum of 6 months notice to avoid unfare dismal allegations?

Cheers

Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

I could be wrong but I would have thought that they would either have to make him redundant "The post is no longer required" about three months notice and they are not allowed to fill the post after he has gone for some time or sack him due to his inability to perform (managed out) or it could be in his contract that employment finishes at certain age but I think you have too sign into that.

Mark

Comment

ACAS can help on this as they are handling more cases on this subject as we speak
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I thought normal reirement age was 70? It is possible to 'go' at 65, but only if you want to.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
          I could be wrong but I would have thought that they would either have to make him redundant "The post is no longer required" about three months notice and they are not allowed to fill the post after he has gone for some time or sack him due to his inability to perform (managed out) or it could be in his contract that employment finishes at certain age but I think you have too sign into that.

Mark

This is my view on the subject, he's been there probably well in excess of 30yrs so no contracts etc.

As mentioned looking at the 2006 law you have to give 6 months notice as an employer once you have agreed to let them work past 65 so you cant just sack them.

Cheers Steve
          Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
          X