Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which

which surf

Hello guys, I have just joined the forum and am having some problems posting on the site anyway this seems to have worked so I wanted to introduce myself and ask for some advice regarding the purchase of a Surf.
    I am moving to New Zealand soon and intend to buy a Surf when I get there as they look like good-ish value. However I'm not clear on the best model to get - either diesel or petrol, manual or auto. I have noticed that many cars in NZ are petrol auto for some reason - is this the type of Surf I should consider?
    I'm also unclear on the badging - SSR G/X/V - what does this signify? At the moment I figure the 3rd Gen 3.4 V6 auto would be the one to have or maybe the 2.7 petrol. Do any of the engine options not need to have cam belts changed?
    I hope you can help.

Comment

Hello, i know nowt about the petrol engines but off hand (unless petrol is dead cheap there) i go for a 3lt diesel, you best bet is sign up with the austrailian surf site for advice, they have several NZ members,
      http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Petrol is expensive in NZ, but diesel is better. If you are buying a Surf, definitely go diesel and no less than the 3 litre. NZ has some later models of Surfs than Australia, due to different importation laws.

Comment

Working...
        X