Patrick Swayze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Swayze

DIRTY Dancing star PATRICK SWAYZE is dying from cancer and has just five weeks to live, according to US reports.

The 55-year-old is reportedly suffering from pancreatic cancer and has lost more than 20 pounds following emergency treatment.

The Ghost hunk has been restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food.

He was apparently diagnosed in late January and has been receiving radical chemotherapy from Stanford University's prestigious cancer centre in Pal Alto.

After three doses of chemotherapy the tumour shrank, but doctors were not happy with the level it reached, according to the National Enquirer.

Doctors have now reportedly told the actor they are no longer optimistic that further treatment will be successful.

A source claimed: "He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding.

"In short - they held out little hope for a cure."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010239776

Bit of a bummer!

Gary

hmm poor guy, one of those news reports does seem to be optimistic though. He seems to be quite a spiritual guy though so I guess he has about as good a chance as any to beat it.

Only the other day I watched him in the movie 'Icon'. Well, my thoughts are with him.
    Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
      DIRTY Dancing star PATRICK SWAYZE is dying from cancer and has just five weeks to live, according to US reports.

The 55-year-old is reportedly suffering from pancreatic cancer and has lost more than 20 pounds following emergency treatment.

The Ghost hunk has been restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food.

He was apparently diagnosed in late January and has been receiving radical chemotherapy from Stanford University's prestigious cancer centre in Pal Alto.

After three doses of chemotherapy the tumour shrank, but doctors were not happy with the level it reached, according to the National Enquirer.

Doctors have now reportedly told the actor they are no longer optimistic that further treatment will be successful.

A source claimed: "He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding.

"In short - they held out little hope for a cure."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010239776

Bit of a bummer!

Gary
      US actor Patrick Swayze is "responding well to treatment" after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Reports say the Hollywood star found out he had the disease around a month ago.

Swayze became a household name after starring in blockbuster films Dirty Dancing and Ghost.

His publicist Annett Wolf said the 55-year-old entertainer was continuing to work during his treatments.

But Wolf dismissed widespread reports that the star only has weeks to live.

His doctor, George Fisher, said: "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far.

"All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue."

In a message to his fans Wolf said Swayze deeply appreciated the "outpouring of support and concern" he has received.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
        His doctor, George Fisher, said: "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far.

"All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue."
        Yeah, I found this bit to, there's lot of B/S to wade through when reading news on the 'net and in the papers.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Yeah, I found this bit to, there's lot of B/S to wade through when reading news on the 'net and in the papers.
          Roadhouse and Point Break are both great films, not to mention the big hits he had with the girly girl films. Waking up in Reno is funny too. Hope he is ok, and i know the b/s on net but, at same time, if he did only have 5 weeks left, he'd not want to spend it with sick reporters and paparazzi trying to get 'the final picture' or 'the final interview', so it would make sense for his people to say he's ok.

hope i'm just being cynical and that he is going to be ok, coz he's a genuinely talented actor and singer (sang backing vocals on a Randy Travis song 'i did my part' which is a really good song btw) and there's enough cretins thrust on our tv screens without talent to see a talented one disappear before his time.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
          X