She let Me down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She let Me down

She wouldn't start today after work, just a clicking from the starter.

This has happened on occasion before, but it would click once or twice and then be fine for several weeks, but never failed to get going until today.

I tried for about 10 mins, and then called the RAC.

He came out, checked the batteries ( they're good) and said try it, it just clicked a couple of times.

Sounds like the starter, he said, Mmmm, I said. Try it again, he said, and bingo she jumped into life even without the pre-heat.

So What do I need?? a starter repair kit?? like this;;

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=609&vid=1240

And next question, is this a hard job??
    Rob

Still working for the man!

yoshie did my 3.0, PITA job getting starter in and out but a doddle to fit the kit.

your symptoms were exactly like mine before it gave up.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The starter motors a bit tricky to get out, but once it's out you shouldn't have to many probs
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I hear these words...........tricky........ ..PITA................can you be a little more specific, like how many hours, and any special tools?

I have a socket set and a set of ring spanners ( oh, and various sizes of hammer)
        Rob

Comment

Easier if the truck has a bodylift.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Easier if the truck has a bodylift.

It don't.
            Rob

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/starter.htm

Comment

mine came out well easy

mechanic done it at work ,it dosent take long
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

No speical tools just bit hard to get to, getting electrical contacts of and bolts, About an hour to get it of, Allow 30 mins just lookin at it with a cup of tea
                  www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Sh1t, now I'm confused! I have the same syptoms but have been informed that it's the batteries. They are a bit ropey so I'm renewing them anyway, been quoted £67 + VAT each from main dealer! I'm hoping once I have them on the clicking goes, if not it looks like the starter repair kit as well!

All that out of this months pay plus my wifes insurance on her Galaxy, the Surf tax, the Galaxy tax, £180 water rates, her washing machine has just gone kapput and part of the garden fence and the gate blew away in the recent heavy winds. Talk about it never rains but it pours!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

You can get the batteries checked for free at you local freindly garge
                      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

got your passport yet chris ???
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          You can get the batteries checked for free at you local freindly garge
                          Already have mate, one is fair to decent, the other is in poor condition. They cope but I don't want to be caught out so new ones are the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            Sh1t, now I'm confused! I have the same syptoms but have been informed that it's the batteries. They are a bit ropey so I'm renewing them anyway, been quoted £67 + VAT each from main dealer! I'm hoping once I have them on the clicking goes, if not it looks like the starter repair kit as well!

All that out of this months pay plus my wifes insurance on her Galaxy, the Surf tax, the Galaxy tax, £180 water rates, her washing machine has just gone kapput and part of the garden fence and the gate blew away in the recent heavy winds. Talk about it never rains but it pours!

Aye, I know what you mean, exhaust fell of last week, fuel pump still leaking, now starter motor, About £500 in unexpected bills on top of that lot, so my months pay ( got it last week ) is now gone, and I still gotta find cash for fuel to get to work, At least I know why people don't bother going to work, and just sit on the dole, sometimes it just don't seem worth it ( actually, it don't seem worth it MOST of the time)

BTW, the clicking thing is very rarely the batteries.
                            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                              BTW, the clicking thing is very rarely the batteries.
                              Thanks mate, you really know how to cheer someone up!

Comment

Working...
                              X