Lowering a Surf this Friday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering a Surf this Friday....

Hi all - I did type that right, Pado has bought a Surf with a 5" lift that he wants bringing back to standard (as much as possible). So, I have a rear ARB, Milners springs, a full set of brand new ES3000s, and 265/70/15 standard surf alloys/General Grabber UHPs....

Does anyone local to me have a srping compressor I can borrow for Friday, or better still - have the day to spare to help out???

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

I have a pair of compressors you can borrow.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

the ferret was thinking about a lift...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        the ferret was thinking about a lift...
        Tell him he looks marvellous, and his skin is faultless....that should do it....

Thanks - I'll pop round Friday am to borrow them.....and if we take the body lift bits out, Paul can have them.....the other bits are spoken for....

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          Tell him he looks marvellous, and his skin is faultless....that should do it....

Thanks - I'll pop round Friday am to borrow them.....and if we take the body lift bits out, Paul can have them.....the other bits are spoken for....
          If I'm out I'll leave them in the red recycling box at the top of the steps, If I'm in , you might get a cuppa...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post

Bless you guys!! That's made me feel all warm and fuzzy now!!!

Ferret
            "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

I've just spoken to Chillitt and have discussed the possible 'tinkering' program.

He's off on Sunday and has volunteered his driveway, cause he's a good old fruit.

I'm working Sunday, but can base myself on his driveway, but I may have to shoot off on occasion, so effectively you can have the use of 2 strapping lads to assist in your butchery!!

What do ya reckon????

Ferret
              "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Old Fruit?!!!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ferret View Post
                  I've just spoken to Chillitt and have discussed the possible 'tinkering' program.

He's off on Sunday and has volunteered his driveway, cause he's a good old fruit.

I'm working Sunday, but can base myself on his driveway, but I may have to shoot off on occasion, so effectively you can have the use of 2 strapping lads to assist in your butchery!!

What do ya reckon????

Ferret
                  Cheers for the offer guys, but Paddy is going home on Sat to Dublin, so we need to do this on the Friday, so I'll be using Nina's drive (as wonderfully donated by the fabulous, glamourous MudSurfette...) and get this cracked - in terms of fitting the lift kit (if we take it out, that is) can happen on the Sunday, but I'll need to drop it off as I have a full day of DIY on Sunday...

Comment

No worries matey, I'm working Friday and need to be around, else I'd offer to help with the removal.

I appreciate the offer of the lift stuff, very kind indeed. Thank you.

Ferret
                    "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

No probs mate - I'll clear it with Paddy for the parts, and see if I have the time to take them out and do what I need to get the truck back to stock.....

Comment

Have you got stock length bolts? If need be, we can pull them out of Pauls truck, on Thursday for you... Got plenty of jacks?
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I have a jack.....and I think I have the stock bolts from the 2 door......did I keep the ones from the 4 door when you and Boyo did that one???

I'll have to look, otherwise, the lift kit may not be coming out just yet, unless you have some......I'll look tomorrow night....

Comment

You should have yours somewhere.. We didn't use all the bolts in the kit, cos some are too long, so we just used some of the original longer bolts in place of the shortest of the new ones, the Boyo will probably know which are which. If you can't find em, as I say, we could rob them off pauls truck for you... I got 2 trolley jacks if you want them. Shame I'm stuck in the shop on friday..
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I may well need to borrow the jacks as well as the compressors, so will come with an empty boot on Friday morning......

I'll look in the shed for the bolts, but won't Paul's truck be undriveable without the bolts if you take them out on Thursday, or won't he need it?

Comment

Working...
                              X