ATS: work-shy idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATS: work-shy idiots

I bought some of this Equal Tire Balancer stuff, and it turned up yesterday. So, off I trot down to ATS to get them to fit it. I walk in, and there are three 'mechanics' sat there doing nothing, in an empty workshop. Excellent, I think, should be able to do it right now.

Me: Can you fit this for me?
    'Mechanic': What is it?
    Me: (explains)
    'Mechanic': Err, can't do that, we can't guarantee it.
    Me: Don't care about a guarantee, just want it fitted.
    'Mechanic': Nope, can't do it.

So, I wonder off grumbling about the fact that they're sat there twiddling their thumbs, turning down a customer willing to spend some easy money with them.

Pop round the corner to another tyre/mot type place - more of a local outfit than a national chain. Cars parked here there and everywhere. Guy on the desk says yes, no problem, looks easy. But they're so busy it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.

I'm now certain why they're busy and ATS is empty. They care about their customers wants, and they want to earn money.

</end of lunchtime rant>
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

ATS is the same around here
    what i do is wait for the gaffer to have his break then i bribe the younger workes
    go mine tyres fitted on my old car for 20 quid
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      ATS is the same around here
      what i do is wait for the gaffer to have his break then i bribe the younger workes
      go mine tyres fitted on my old car for 20 quid
      I just couldn't believe that they'd rather have 3 guys sitting round idle than earning some easy money.

Doubt I'll ever bother even trying to go there again.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Common knowledge isn't it? Never use ATS monkeys.

I always use one of two local independents. Dead cheap, nice lads and happy to help, so I usually bung whoever's done the work a couple of beer tokens.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Went to ATS recently for a price for 2 tyres for my Subaru (have to be a particular type of Yokohama). Lots of sucking of teeth, rediculous price and not sure when they could get them. Local independent:- £40 per tyre cheaper and in stock. Guess who got the business
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
            I just couldn't believe that they'd rather have 3 guys sitting round idle than earning some easy money.

Doubt I'll ever bother even trying to go there again.

Was it the one in Blackpool by any chance.. It took them almost 1 hour to change a tire on my van for me last year..
            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

I use an independent round our way, lads are quick and prices low.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I was going to say "i only use Templar tyres" but i dont have much buisness for them anymore...

but either way! awesome bunch of guys!! One owns the awesome Dodge ram!!

In the Future when i get my next truck (fingers crossed for later on this year) they will be the 1st lot i go to!

Comment

Originally posted by max6674 View Post
                  Was it the one in Blackpool by any chance.. It took them almost 1 hour to change a tire on my van for me last year..
                  Nah, St Annes.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                  X