yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's Finished!! Matting Agent Didnt Work, But Im Glad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's Finished!! Matting Agent Didnt Work, But Im Glad.

Well after a productive day we have achieved a very very nice finish, im very appreciative to my mate who hasent done a whole car before, it is perfect and im over the moon. Heres some pics, of the stages:

Masking up

Undercoat and primer on:

Flash coat applied, looks kinda cool:

First and final coats applied with finished product, yeah

Without Surf And Unhappy

Looks good.

Comment

Re

You missed a bit mate!

Looks ace!

What you gonna do about the maroon stuff on the inside?

Gary

Comment

Truck's looking well nice mate

Think the gloss finish looks better than matt you started with

Have just had the tyres you sent down mounted on my old rims, so am ready to go play in the mud again

Comment

Looks shinier than I thought it would. Is it satin rather than matt?

<edit> Read the first post properly, moron.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nice job Carl, surf's do look best in black, your mate's done a good job.

How long did it take, if you put it into days?
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

looks good mate,tbh it wouldnt have liked it mat finish,welcome to the shiny club(for at most 2 weeks)lol

Comment

Well to answer all questions, all maroon was sprayed door jams even to under the carpets, so its is a total respray, now time aspect. My preparation took 12 hours, and i was meticulous as hell, masking and included in that time, we started spraying at 9 a.m today and sanded it at lunch time and then went through the coats and i took final photo at 4p.m, so all in al total time i would say 3 working days, with a 4th to harden paint work.

Still have to put inner trim, wipers rubber trim in rear window wheel carrier back on so another 3 hours to complete.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                  Well to answer all questions, all maroon was sprayed door jams even to under the carpets, so its is a total respray, now time aspect. My preparation took 12 hours, and i was meticulous as hell, masking and included in that time, we started spraying at 9 a.m today and sanded it at lunch time and then went through the coats and i took final photo at 4p.m, so all in al total time i would say 3 working days, with a 4th to harden paint work.

Still have to put inner trim, wipers rubber trim in rear window wheel carrier back on so another 3 hours to complete.
                  wana do mine??lol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    wana do mine??lol
                    never again!
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

very nice indeedy,we all know the surf is always best dressed in black.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thankyou matey. Stein was my inspiration of course
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Looks excellent Carl, like the camo effect half way through, wot was that a bit of "let's see what it would look like", top job mate, now DONT get it muddy

Durrrrr it aint camo play it's the matting agent not working is'nt it, why cant my brain keep up with my fingers
                          Last edited by POPEYE; 1 March 2008, 18:11.
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                            Thankyou matey. Stein was my inspiration of course
                            why thank you kind sir.actually looking at your pics has given me a bit of a dejavous.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Looks excellent Carl, like the camo effect half way through, wot was that a bit of "let's see what it would look like", top job mate, now DONT get it muddy

Durrrrr it aint camo play it's the matting agent not working is'nt it, why cant my brain keep up with my fingers
                              Actually no It was the flash coat which you use to bond the next full coat to so it dont react with the primer. Matting agent not working meant its shiny!
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X