broken glow plug ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken glow plug ends

finally got that broken piece of glow plug out !
    now she starts on veg with no missing

wasnt that bad after all, i drilled a bit, cleaned the silicone, started her up see if she blew, turned off, drilled some more, started her up, 4th time she blew it out.. never found it though.

now i can happily buy some lift kit, without the worry ill have to take the head off.

im going to buy some wheels off stormforce in a couple weeks.
    just found out where he lives !
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

What's wrong with the wheels you have? They're 16" 3rd gen alloys.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      finally got that broken piece of glow plug out !
      now she starts on veg with no missing

wasnt that bad after all, i drilled a bit, cleaned the silicone, started her up see if she blew, turned off, drilled some more, started her up, 4th time she blew it out.. never found it though.

now i can happily buy some lift kit, without the worry ill have to take the head off.

im going to buy some wheels off stormforce in a couple weeks.
      just found out where he lives !
      How many did ya have to drill out Dieselboy ??
      Done mine nearly two weeks ago, with No 2 n 4 broken off, No way could I get to No 4 wiv a drill so taped it through..... started it up n it rattled as the bits escaped outta the exhaust thankfully, I also repeated the same procedure for No 2.
      Starts n Runs sweet as.. now!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
        How many did ya have to drill out Dieselboy ??
        Done mine nearly two weeks ago, with No 2 n 4 broken off, No way could I get to No 4 wiv a drill so taped it through..... started it up n it rattled as the bits escaped outta the exhaust thankfully, I also repeated the same procedure for No 2.
        Starts n Runs sweet as.. now!!

it was my number two as well! (number two is 2nd from the pulley and 3rd from the flywheel end isnt it?) i just had to do the one.
        next on the list is getting someone to do the valve clearances! do you know anyone that would do it for me?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          What's wrong with the wheels you have? They're 16" 3rd gen alloys.
          why, do ya wanna buy them?!

i want 33"s, so going to get some 15" so i can wrap them in that
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            it was my number two as well! (number two is 2nd from the pulley and 3rd from the flywheel end isnt it?) i just had to do the one.
            next on the list is getting someone to do the valve clearances! do you know anyone that would do it for me?
            Tony N is the man .... there may be others capable ... Surfestein possibly !!!!

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Is there anything special about doing the valve clearances on the Surf then ?

I try to keep my hands clean these days but there was a time when I used to do the clearances on my old Cortina

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I try to keep my hands clean these days but there was a time when I used to do the clearances on my old Cortina

PITA (Time Consuming) Shims ......

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

is that the pre-crossflow? i had no trouble following the rule of 9 on my xr2 - the surf is completely different. there is no nut to adjust!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X