Top hinge rear door...????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top hinge rear door...????

Were there ever any Surfs produced that have a lift up, top hinge rear gate...
    Can't say I've ever heard of one and I bet it would weigh a ton, but a mate says she has seen one at Horley 4X4. She was told it was a 1996/97 model....
    She would prefer one of these as it would suit her better for shopping, kids prams, kids etc....

Is she seeing things.......

H
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

i think 3rd gen has a tailgate helen
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
      Were there ever any Surfs produced that have a lift up, top hinge rear gate...
      Can't say I've ever heard of one and I bet it would weigh a ton, but a mate says she has seen one at Horley 4X4. She was told it was a 1996/97 model....
      She would prefer one of these as it would suit her better for shopping, kids prams, kids etc....

Is she seeing things.......

H

Nope not seeing things they are out there
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Well I knew if anyone had seen one I'd find them on here........ wanna go have a looksee myself now...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
          Well I knew if anyone had seen one I'd find them on here........ wanna go have a looksee myself now...

Cheers
          It was a sad day, in from 96 (3rd Gen) on, all Surfs had a lift up hatch, end of it being a truck, with a proper tailgate.

Its just a SUV now.............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Like this.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              Like this.
              hehe, wow, a lift up surf! clever.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                Like this.

Down, I said down shep.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  It was a sad day, in from 96 (3rd Gen) on, all Surfs had a lift up hatch, end of it being a truck, with a proper tailgate.

Its just a SUV now.............

you can stand under it when it rains!!... and open the window if the sun then comes out.... but you can't sit on it or put long stuff sticking out.
                  could do with the old type for 8x4 sheets of wood... it was hard to drive back from jewsons that day!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    you can stand under it when it rains!!... and open the window if the sun then comes out.... but you can't sit on it or put long stuff sticking out.
                    could do with the old type for 8x4 sheets of wood... it was hard to drive back from jewsons that day!
                    i'll do a straight swap, as the value of mine as its now famous has trebled to £18,000
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

dog

Hi andy how did you get the dog to hang upside down like that very good trick
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                        Hi andy how did you get the dog to hang upside down like that very good trick
                        Its to do with the aerodynamics of the Surf at a certain speed you can drive em upside down

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Is the dog standard,an optional extra, modification....

I'll take one anyway...it may eat her kids....... i love them, i do, really, uhuh, honest.... for about 10 seconds on a good day....

Have you written an Oscar acceptance 'toot' for your superstar Mark??

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                            so, is the rear window still an electric drop down one on the lift up tailgate on a third gen then?

simon

Comment

Originally posted by super8simon
                              so, is the rear window still an electric drop down one on the lift up tailgate on a third gen then?

simon
                              Yes it works the same as a 2nd gen,but the door goes up like on a estate car.

Comment

Working...
                              X