What should I have in the boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Whats happend to the recovery stuff that was for sale in the forum shop?
    Its all gone, don't think I will get anymore as it cost just over a grand to buy it all in, took best part of two years to sell for very little profit and sold over that length of time it wasn't viable to do it again.
    If it all sold in few months it wouldn't have been so bad.

Unless people are making specific orders and it looks viable I can make more enquiries.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Nero, greatly appreciated you've taken the time to explain all that....

fortunately I have acquired most of the stuff shown for nowt so will go buy some proper gear...

thanks again
      Last edited by dee; 1 March 2008, 10:34.
      Toot! Toot!

Comment

a point about shackles, they are better if pin can be secured rather than just threaded in and pinched up.
        if you are using unsecured shackles it is essential that the pin does not roll out
        ie: the strap or cable/rope you are using does not roll round the pin which can lead to it being unscrewed from shackle.

shackle pins that are being fixed to your truck are better if they have split pins or similar in the end of the shackle pin to prevent then rolling out.

My mate jim teaches all types of slinging lifting and towing techniques (shipyard based cranes) so if anyone is unsure of their setup, let me know and I'll run it by him.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
          Its all gone, don't think I will get anymore as it cost just over a grand to buy it all in, took best part of two years to sell for very little profit and sold over that length of time it wasn't viable to do it again.
          If it all sold in few months it wouldn't have been so bad.

Unless people are making specific orders and it looks viable I can make more enquiries.
          Tonyn is keeps some TJM straps and strops ......... try him
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
          X