What should I have in the boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I have in the boot?

fitted a pin type tow ball and been collecting various other bit's and bob's, the straps are 8' long/1 ton rated, shackles are machine mart specials at £3.51 each, hand winch is pretty self explanatory, and the rope is 12mm climbing rope, got about 50-60m of that...

anything else?
    Attached Files
    Toot! Toot!

I've got some of that, most gets thrown in when off roading.

I have a rescue kit - triangle and all that cr4p, first aid kit plus one of these

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/NEW_...ompressor.html

they're bl00dy brill.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I done the Sarn Helen/Strata Florida run with this in my boot...........

Comment

I KEEP THE BODY OF MY EX IN MY BOOT!
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I've got one of these......

http://www.dirtworker.co.uk/products/index.html

And Nina has said, if there is a lot of interest on the forum, she could try and negotiate a better price - bearing in mind she didn't pay £85 for mine.....
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            fitted a pin type tow ball and been collecting various other bit's and bob's, the straps are 8' long/1 ton rated, shackles are machine mart specials at £3.51 each, hand winch is pretty self explanatory, and the rope is 12mm climbing rope, got about 50-60m of that...

anything else?
            I don't think the straps or rope will be any good for recovery, as the surf weighs 2 tons empty, and if it's stuck in the mud, it'll have an effective weight of nearer 4 tons.
            Rob

Comment

subs.......amps......neons.... ...oh wait,thats my boot lolol

Comment

your foot
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
                  I don't think the straps or rope will be any good for recovery, as the surf weighs 2 tons empty, and if it's stuck in the mud, it'll have an effective weight of nearer 4 tons.

I don't want to lift the thing! just pull it... you would be surprised how little pulling force is required to make it move
                  Toot! Toot!

Comment

having said that i got stuck at d/clog and a surf and a kinetic rope couldnt budge me
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I don't want to lift the thing! just pull it... you would be surprised how little pulling force is required to make it move
                      And you'd be surprised how quickly you lose body parts when a tow rope snaps under tension!
                      Rob

Comment

to be honest i wouldn't want you to try pull me out with the recovery equipment you have in pic
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

No one in their right mind would strap surf to surf in the mud with a one ton strap mate. The shackle will end up coming through the window to meet you or the other guy. 5 ton min strap and shackles for off road mate.

See you at Drum on the 15th then
                          Brian

Comment

Climbing rope is dynamic, that is in simple terms stretchy... by the time you have got the slack out, you will have run out of winch...
                            Abseil rope is static, and stands up much better to abrasion
                            The shackles are nice though....

Edit; climbing rope and abseil rope will be weakened significantly by oil or grease....
                            Last edited by Chillitt; 29 February 2008, 21:48.
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

guess im quite lucky with my trade!,apart from all the speakers i have 2 3 tonne d shackles and a lifting strop for a crane lol,bout 10ft long but rated 7 tonne!

Comment

Working...
                              X