tirque converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tirque converter

This is a stupid question but i got a guy from Ireland collecting the gearbox and torque converter from the breaker on friday.Now the stupid question is has anyone got a pic of the torque converter so i know what i am having to take off the truck or does it come off with the gearbox.Is it easy to seperate the g/box for the rest of the trans once the box is out

Thanks all
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

should all come off in one rich.be careful taking out the box,cos apart from being heavy,if you dont pull the box out as straight as possible,you could damage the rear crank seal/gearbox input shaft seal

good luck dude
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It usually stays on the engine when you pull off the transmission, unless you remove the coverplate at the bottom of the bell housing and remove the six bolts that hold the torque converter on. You remove one bolt at a time, then rotate the engine via a socket on the crank pulley nut to get at the remaining bolts.

Watch you fingers and toes when you pull the converter off the shaft, it's quite heavy and will still have fluid in it, even after draining the transmission.

Comment

oh i see im going to get another soaking again then, like when we did the heater pipes from center of truck lol

Comment

thanks guys thats what i thought but needed to double check to make sure
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Defo leave the torque convertor on the gearbox . Undo the six nuts as Vince says and remove with the gearbox . You can damage the seals in the torque convertor and gearbox if you try and seperate them until the box is on the floor . Even then you would have to realign the torque convertor to gearbox when you refitted them together. I have seen this done wrong , lots of TQF on floor and no drive.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
              Defo leave the torque convertor on the gearbox . Undo the six nuts as Vince says and remove with the gearbox . You can damage the seals in the torque convertor and gearbox if you try and seperate them until the box is on the floor . Even then you would have to realign the torque convertor to gearbox when you refitted them together. I have seen this done wrong , lots of TQF on floor and no drive.
              I could just see Rich or Will bathing in ATF fluid !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                I could just see Rich or Will bathing in ATF fluid !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
                oiii you behave i did other day when rich asked me to cut a pipe on heater from center console

Comment

Working...
                X