Tyres opinions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres opinions wanted

Looking at a set of 5 Dunlop Grandtrek PT1,s never heard of them before but they do look good for road use..
    Any Ideas or opinions ?
    Any ideas as to what they should cost ? need to know if I am getting a good deal

As always all opinions appreciated
    Cheers

Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

i have been looking at loads of tyres and the prices range from £30 to £50 for remolds £50 to £60 for cheap no make tyres £60 to £80 for the cheap good named tyres i.e. marshalls and coopers then its up to £80 to £110 for the big name ones bfgs and yokahamas all at the size of 31,10.50,15
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
      i have been looking at loads of tyres and the prices range from £30 to £50 for remolds £50 to £60 for cheap no make tyres £60 to £80 for the cheap good named tyres i.e. marshalls and coopers then its up to £80 to £110 for the big name ones bfgs and yokahamas all at the size of 31,10.50,15
      I been offered a set of 5 Dunlop Grandtrek PT1,s @ £400 fitted
      but want to know a bit more, all the write ups look ok

Keith
      I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
        I been offered a set of 5 Dunlop Grandtrek PT1,s @ £400 fitted
        but want to know a bit more, all the write ups look ok

Keith
        seems ok
        Attached Files
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          seems ok
          keith http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...=Grandtrek+PT1
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
            Tyres look ok and I spoke to someone who reckons he got 70,000 on them with a landcruiser, just dont know if the price is ok

Keith

found this report

Rating Scale: 5 - Excellent 4 - Very Good 3 - Good 2 - Satisfactory 1 - Poor 0
            Jean-Luc: "I am driving a Toyota Four Runner 3L V6, and since I have bought those tires, it's comportment has changed very significantly. I have tried to find their limits, but quite frankly did not succeed on dry roads, and almost did on wet ones. This tire handles superbly on roads, that's were it belongs... Don't expect too much on tracks though, but this you allready know. Wear is good , I allready drove 30 000 miles with them, and the grooves are still there."

Dry: 5, Wet: 5, Snow: 3, Handling: 5, Comfort: 5, Noise: 4, Treadwear: 5
            Last edited by hormygollop; 18 September 2003, 20:42.

Comment

I have Grandtrek's on one of my surfs , all have around 4mm of tread , and they squeal on corners and roundabouts , realy make a lot of noise very embarrassing in town .

But not sure if they are PT1's

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
                Looking at a set of 5 Dunlop Grandtrek PT1,s never heard of them before but they do look good for road use..
                Any Ideas or opinions ?
                Any ideas as to what they should cost ? need to know if I am getting a good deal

As always all opinions appreciated
                Cheers

Keith

No good for Sunday the 12th
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                  No good for Sunday the 12th
                  I got me M/T,s for that
                  Keith

Comment

for £400 you can get bfgs which lots of people rate very highly
                    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
                      for £400 you can get bfgs which lots of people rate very highly
                      true
                      [size=5][/size]

Comment

Keith, give nene valley off road a buzz and see what they say, I was quoted a bloody good price for my next set of tyres, and he said that the price would hold until I need to replace the old ones, friendly chaps and nothing seems to be a problem.
                        Josh

Comment

Working...
                        X