Lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
    so if i were to put that on my truck then I'd have to change the front diff to suit the same ratio?
    yup
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

jas y do u need a diff? i'll check on both the breakers for you to see if i can help

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        yup
        hmm, ok. The ratio is lower than my currnet one. This would make the wheel turning slower, but would allow for the easier turning of larger rubber. would i be right in my thinking?
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          jas y do u need a diff? i'll check on both the breakers for you to see if i can help
          nope mine's working fine, just thought about upgrading to a limited slip

Comment

nope mine's working fine, just thought about upgrading to a limited slip
            ah ok cool

Comment

hmm, ok. The ratio is lower than my currnet one. This would make the wheel turning slower, but would allow for the easier turning of larger rubber. would i be right in my thinking?
              I think you would normally want to increase the diff ratio with lager tires, i could be wrong though.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

i think increase is right.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

been chatting with an engineer friend and reckon smaller ratio would make them turn faster, but sacrife acceleration but gain more on top end speed, although would be harder to turn larger rubber. Need lower ratios

Comment

If you take enough LSD, anything will go anywhere...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

OK the front and rear diff have to match ......oh and second hand lsd can not alway work........look into diff locks
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        Hey Yoshie
                        Why do you need a dif?

I don't mate its just a step up from an open diff if it matches.

Its a long way from a locker but its also a long way from the £500 a locker would cost.

Addy claims plates are new but with all things second hand these things are always a gamble
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X