Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about lifted Surfs with big tyres

How do they ride, and are they bouncy?

How will a 3.0L Diesel turbo Surf with a 2-3" lift and 33" tyres ride? They look cool, but do they remain functional and comfortable for everyday highway driving?

As a daily driver am I going to be wishing I got something else when I'm filling it up?

Another 4x4 or AWD I'm considering is the Subaru forester 2.0L turbo. Totally different animal to the Surf, less suited to offroad I guess, but more capable than a 2wd car.

or

Just some 4 cylinder Japanese car that I'll drive, economical yes but I'll be wishing I had a 4x4

I want AWD or 4x4 because there's alot of scenery out there I'd like to see. And they're fun.
    Last edited by Gilbertgrape; 25 February 2008, 03:34.

Originally posted by Gilbertgrape View Post

How will a Surf with a 2-3" lift and 33" tyres ride? They look cool, but do they remain functional and comfortable for everyday highway driving?
    your fuel consumption goes up a bit but if you take the anti roll bars off then you will notice the body roll but thats the only difference you will notice.
    The tyres will depend on which ones you get as to road noise most MT's you'll find noisey,AT's aren't to bad on road noise.
    my truck is like being on the rough sea as it has a 5" lift,33's and no anti roll bars and i love it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      your fuel consumption goes up a bit but if you take the anti roll bars off then you will notice the body roll but thats the only difference you will notice.
      The tyres will depend on which ones you get as to road noise most MT's you'll find noisey,AT's aren't to bad on road noise.
      my truck is like being on the rough sea as it has a 5" lift,33's and no anti roll bars and i love it
      especially when u have willy with u lol

Comment

Most of it will depend on what quality of gear your installing mate.

Ive got firm springs and firm shocks ive kept the anti roll bars so my truck handles pretty good for a lifted truck!

Comment

Thanks for your input guys.

Any more wisdom and advice out there?

Comment

the scooby forester and the surf are two very different vehicles. What shape surf are you looking at? 2nd gen is 93 - 96 (in 3.0 variety), 3rd gen is 96 on.

The scooby should return better economy, acceleration, and top end speed than the surf. But let's face it it's an AWD estate car, not a 4WD offroad vehicle. If it's going off the highway I know which one i'd choose. Being absolutely honest, if it was gonna stay on the black stuff all the time it'd be a tough decision for me but i reckon the scooby might tempt me, at least for a little while. But they say once you've had a surf you never go back, so i reckon it wouldn't be long before i was back surfing again.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Another question..What's the biggest tyre you can fit to a 2nd generation Surf without lifting it?

Comment

Another question..What's the biggest tyre you can fit to a 2nd generation Surf without lifting it?
                31x10.50x15
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

How will a 3.0L Diesel turbo Surf with a 2-3" lift and 33" tyres ride? They look cool, but do they remain functional and comfortable for everyday highway driving?
                  Try to avoid the Moose Swerve Test!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8N9NItHI

You might need to modifiy your driving style and skills with a lifted truck.....

Comment

Working...
                  X