nipples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nipples?

does anyone know where i can buy new ones? or is it easier to remove them and clean them and put them back on. when i put the greaser on not much goes in really.

also, i tried to grease up the bits where the front wheels bolt to but mine didnt have any.. do i need to grease these? and if so do i have to put nipples here for it?

thank you
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

TonyN always greases the bits that I need greasing on the truck (thought I had better add that )

I can assure you that he does not do anything with my nipples though

Comment

Originally posted by SassyT View Post
      TonyN always greases the bits that I need greasing on the truck (thought I had better add that )

oh really? lol

so im not the only one up at stupid oclock then? i havnt been to sleep yet
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

He is a very lucky man
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

ummmmm errr......................ummm mmmmmm.how often do u get errrrrrrr um them greased?lol

Comment

there will probably be muck built up behind the nipple, just take the nipple off and use a 1/8th drill bit and drill the muck out from behind then replace the nipple.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              does anyone know where i can buy new ones? or is it easier to remove them and clean them and put them back on. when i put the greaser on not much goes in really.

also, i tried to grease up the bits where the front wheels bolt to but mine didnt have any.. do i need to grease these? and if so do i have to put nipples here for it?

thank you
              I have had a similar problem turned out the nipples were blocked and there was compacted grease in behind the nipple on the subject of buying new nipples try here http://www.tool-up.co.uk/shop/diy/scan/se=7228/sf=cat

For greasing the bit where the front wheels bolt to this may help http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62 it looks like you remove some sort of bung and fit a grease nipple, for general info I have found this handy http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq.htm

If you are going to remove the nipples then try sticking them on your grease gun on their own, and see if you can get any grease out, my only worry would be snapping them off when removing them, which would be a whole world of hurt.

PS

I have just noticed Similar Threads at the bottom of the page they may help.

Last edited by div3r; 24 February 2008, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by div3r View Post
                I have had a similar problem turned out the nipples were blocked and there was compacted grease in behind the nipple on the subject of buying new nipples try here http://www.tool-up.co.uk/shop/diy/scan/se=7228/sf=cat

For greasing the bit where the front wheels bolt to this may help
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62 it looks like you remove some sort of bung and fit a grease nipple, for general info I have found this handy http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq.htm

If you are going to remove the nipples then try sticking them on your grease gun on their own, and see if you can get any grease out, my only worry would be snapping them off when removing them, which would be a whole world of hurt.

thats my biggest worry as well. i dont want them snapping !

whats best to do then? because the only propper way of cleaning is removal right?
                thank you
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

what nipples do i need to buy for the front? is it:
                  LUMATIC HP2/45 HYDRAULIC NIPPLE ANGLE 1/8 BSP
                  or
                  LUMATIC HP2/90 HYDRAULIC NIPPLE ANGLE 1/8 BSP

and what ones go everywhere else? i think i will buy a bundle, if they have to come off anyway, the mechanic will appreciate new ones going on, rather than cleaning old ones. then i can clean the old ones and keep as spares or give away to a forum member
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thats my biggest worry as well. i dont want them snapping !

whats best to do then? because the only propper way of cleaning is removal right?
                    thank you
                    If you look really close at one of the nipples you will see a small hole where the grease goes in this is protected by small ball bearing which is on a spring this is all part of the grease nipple.

If you get some thing like a paper clip see if you can push the ball in it may be stuck ,spray the area with WD40 this will help and as it is penetrating oil it may prevent you from snapping a nipple if you decide to remove it.

Failing that it may be worth taking your truck to garage that you trust to have the job done then do the job regularly yourself (Monthly?)

Yes the only propper way of cleaning is removal.

Comment

If you look really close at one of the nipples you will see a small hole where the grease goes in this is protected by small ball bearing which is on a spring this is all part of the grease nipple.

If you get some thing like a paper clip see if you can push the ball in it may be stuck ,spray the area with WD40 this will help and as it is penetrating oil it may prevent you from snapping a nipple if you decide to remove it.

Failing that it may be worth taking your truck to garage that you trust to have the job done then do the job regularly yourself (Monthly?)

last time i did the greasing, i used a welding rod to push all the nipples in and i cleaned the outside of them.. the bearing moved fine and wasnt sticky.. now i think about it, i think the grease gun was rubbish and floppy round the nipple
                      the gun was borrowed...
                      i will buy a grease gun! lol i feel a div now, because i forgot that bit before..
                      i still need to fit nipples on the front though dont i? how do i know which ones?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

can i use this:
                        http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...ease-cartridge
                        for my truck with this:
                        http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...er-grease-gun?

ive never filled one before :/
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

last time i did the greasing, i used a welding rod to push all the nipples in and i cleaned the outside of them.. the bearing moved fine and wasnt sticky.. now i think about it, i think the grease gun was rubbish and floppy round the nipple
                          the gun was borrowed...
                          Ha the plot thickens !!!

Comment

Ha the plot thickens !!!
                            lol
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Industrial hardware suppliers or local factors. Just get some new M6 nipples, (straight and 45 degree). They cost practically nothing, so it's not worth arsing about trying to recon the old ones if they ain't working correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X