Toyota moving away from EPC for parts, to Microcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota moving away from EPC for parts, to Microcat

Rumour has it, a strong rumour, that Toyota are moving away from EPC to Microcat for looking up parts.

Gone will be the pictures that bear no relationship to the part.... and in will come Microcat, which will hopefully be better.

I have a copy of the LR one, which is easier to navigate than EPC, (which I also have) and hopefully will be better geared to imports too

I have a slight advantage, as I work in a Toyota service centre, so will report back as and when I see the Microcat version

Originally posted by Stevie View Post
    Rumour has it, a strong rumour, that Toyota are moving away from EPC to Microcat for looking up parts.

Gone will be the pictures that bear no relationship to the part.... and in will come Microcat, which will hopefully be better.

I have a copy of the LR one, which is easier to navigate than EPC, (which I also have) and hopefully will be better geared to imports too

I have a slight advantage, as I work in a Toyota service centre, so will report back as and when I see the Microcat version
    any chance of getting a copy if its any good Steve
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      any chance of getting a copy if its any good Steve
      I wish I could, I would probably lose my job!!

possibly

Microcat is good - much better than EPC, in my humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie View Post
        I wish I could, I would probably lose my job!!

possibly

Microcat is good - much better than EPC, in my humble opinion
        bet it was frequently used for yr lr!lol

Comment

If its at all like the Ford version we had Microcat will be BRILLIANT, its so easy to use and search for parts, The Ford version had all sevice times and costs built in.....then Ford started taking info away from them and introduced their own system...E-cat...which is CRAP!
          only problems with Microcat
          Its time sensitive (discs time out)
          You need one of their Dongles for it to run, dont know any way around that
          Their monthly on-line update takes an age to d/load

It is usually country specific as regards parts, we couldnt access all American parts, only those vehicles exported to Europe by FMC

But, compared to Toyotas system (which I've used) its a great improvement, you will enjoy it.
          What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by meooo View Post
            If its at all like the Ford version we had Microcat will be BRILLIANT, its so easy to use and search for parts, The Ford version had all sevice times and costs built in.....then Ford started taking info away from them and introduced their own system...E-cat...which is CRAP!
            only problems with Microcat
            Its time sensitive (discs time out)
            You need one of their Dongles for it to run, dont know any way around that
            Their monthly on-line update takes an age to d/load

It is usually country specific as regards parts, we couldnt access all American parts, only those vehicles exported to Europe by FMC

But, compared to Toyotas system (which I've used) its a great improvement, you will enjoy it.

This a better improvement
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X