Amy Winehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    In an ideal world, I would feed Billy Corgan to Amy Winhouse until he was dead and she burst.

I think I just peed my pants!

I know what you mean about Corgan being a whining tw@t, but the Pumpkins rocked when they did stuff like Siamese Dream! Dead loud, in me shed, awesome!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

heather nova is a great singer/songwriter and doesn't need all the bullshoit to help sell herself.

greatest female vocalist of all time is annie lennox.

best male vocalist of all time - randy travis.

best metal vocalist - bruce dickinson and james hetfield. can't seperate them.

best rock vocalists - chad kroger, jon bon jovi and axl rose.

there's a huge list of female vocalists past and present i'd consider far more talented than that junkie piece of cr@p whinehouse, for instance the 2 i said already, anastacia (amazing voice and horny too), dusty springfield, christine mcvie and stevie nicks, tina turner (cant stand her but cant deny how great her voice is). also that leona lewis, christin milian is an amazing talent, sings, acts writes her and others music.

its all about opinions, but that amy skank is totally unneccesary. like kids need any more bad role models in the press all the time. the quicker she O.D's on the junk she loves the better.
      Last edited by logey79; 22 February 2008, 13:01.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Re. Johnny Cash - have you heard his cover of NINs 'Hurt'? Absolutely awesome, and gut wrenchingly moving.

100% spot on mate! love NIN, and in particular 'Hurt' and have never been keen on covers as for the most part they ruin a great original (think Under the bridge by all saints and that pr1ck that covered the doors' light my fire - feckin butchered a classic) but Cash's version is awesome and better than the original which is something special.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

The bit I don't understand is the hero worship. OK so and so can sing. that does not excuse them being a druggie like winehouse or that babyshambles oaf, It doesn't excuse them from charges of hypocrisy like bonio flying a hat halfway round the world 1st class and then telling me to sponsor the 3rd world and save the planet.
          It doesn't make them particularly incitefull on the political stage, there are all manner of actors spouting inane drivel about human rights or globalisation. Being famous does not make them right, or intelligent or better than anyone else, it just makes their folly more visible.
          I do not enjoy watching or listening to addicts or idiots.
          And don't start with the whole 'suffering for their art' nonsense either...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            "the singers gotta write it or it doesn't count??? "

No, but there's more chance of the song conveying some kind of emotion if THEY sweat blood writing it from their experiences.

Witness the heartache in 'Under The Bridge' by the Chilis, against the laughable attempt by those awful Appleton girls.

I rest my case!
            The greatest band on the planet we can now
            Brian

Comment

The whole lot are just a bunch of overpay'd under tallanted love myself pooncorn jiveass pussywupped motha's!!!!!

i mean that in the niceist possible way tho
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                The whole lot are just a bunch of overpay'd under tallanted love myself pooncorn jiveass pussywupped motha's!!!!!

i mean that in the niceist possible way tho
                Tell the truth you got the boy to type that for you didn't you
                Brian

Comment

What about Adele?

Her album 19 is top stuff, she can sing for sure
                  I Love Wales

Comment

if no one recognises classical giants(no not pavadeady he suckedim going to visit with work stuff

what of robert merril and jussi bjorling,acclaimed as the best bass and tenor...ever,how about lynnrd skynnrd,tuesdays gone,so mournful,yet they wrote about drinking and sha**ing.......... giants.

and i say let her to55er of a husband out of jail,and let them get on with pegging it asap
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      David Grohl - Commented on before
                      Michael Stipe - Liked them until 'Everybody Hurts', biggest load of dog poo I've ever heard (apart from Freebird), but appreciate the talent.
                      Radiohead - Tom Yorke - First song I ever cried to was Creep. Still my favourite song ever. Radiohead are awesome' seen the live may times.
                      Anthony Keidis - Never thought he had talent or showed promise.
                      Fiona Apple - Jury is still out. Can't figure out whether I appreciate what she does or if I like what she does.
                      Johnny Cash - You're taking the pi55 now?

What about Prodigy, Faithless, The Sex Pistols et all?
                      Foo's great
                      Everybody hurts---- Thier ONLY good Track!!
                      Agree about Creep, But its the only one i like
                      AK never heard of him
                      Fiona likewise
                      Johnny cash --- Absolute legend!

Prodigy --ok
                      Faithless -- Pretty good
                      Pistols --- AWESOME

GARY NUMAN---- writing and recording his own material for 30 YEARS (this month) ACE!!!!
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Amy

The problem with people with talent & money making potential, all the hangers on, No one to tell them there making a fool of themselves,

Comment

Anyone see Duffy on Jools Holland tonight?
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yep thought she was fantastic but Im drunk so don't know much at the min.
                            In fact I have just rewound my sky to watch her again
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by White Russian View Post
                              No one to tell them there making a fool of themselves
                              Truth be told though, I think just plain common sense and a good upbringing should be enough to keep one in order in that regard. If they need constantly directing towards the correct way to live, one would surmise that their future potential is somewhat lacklustre at best anyhow.

Comment

What's this good/bad singer thing anyhow? Any group, or solo artist, or duet, (or whatever, you get the point), has their crap and their good stuff. (Excluding most newer artists, that is. They just tend to be crap). Seriously though, if the best of singers picks a ripe song, it's gonna be naff, regardless of whether they have vocals that would make a Siren jealous or not. The artist thing is pretty much moot most of the time. It's all about the particular song/artist combination. Even more important is the song/music combination. Sometimes even the worst of artists can't ruin certain songs/music no matter how hard they try.

It boils down to: If it don't rock you, it don't shine.

Comment

Working...
                                X