Laptop..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop..

Looking for a cheap laptop for my daughters birthday. Got about £120, and would like wifi if poss. Have tried eblag, but keep getting outbid. Any ideas you gods amongst people.
    Working at last.......

there was something orange were doing free laptop with there internet connection subscription!! might be worth a look!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
      there was something orange were doing free laptop with there internet connection subscription!! might be worth a look!!
      Yes and AOL were too, but i have not got a bt land line, only cable.
      Working at last.......

Comment

My advice is to look in the classified of your local newspaper or one of the FreeAd papers you can buy. Then you can go and have a look at the machine.

For £120 you should be able to get something with at least an Intel P3 1.2GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Windows XP (make sure it's a legal version with the licence key on a holographic sticker and has the disc so you can reload it). Unfortunately for your pricerange you probably wont be able to find one thats got Wifi built in, but you should be able to find lots of people selling laptops with wifi cards that plug into the laptops PCMCIA slot.

It's still worth looking on ebay, but its worth noting that lots of people listing laptops pay extra to promote their items - this puts them on the first pages of the search results. You know if they are promoted if it says "Optimise your selling success! Find out how to promote your items" at the bottom of the search results page. Look at this page http://computers.listings.ebay.co.uk...istingItemListyou'll see that near the bottom are some laptops with only a few hours left, above that are the promoted items that have days left. Start looking through the pages from here - you're more likely to find a better price and less people will be bidding on them!

Hope this helps

Comment

For under £300 to your door you can get a brand new one!

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/140189

I know its twice the amount you said... but its new, with warranty and vista!

Good brand too.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Numerous individuals mistakenly trust it is technology items without perusing its reviews. People should read the product reviews before buying.best non gaming laptop
            Last edited by Harrypoter; 29 November 2021, 14:47.

Comment

Working...
            X