cb radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
    last time i used them properly was prior to legalization in 81' happy old times. any truckers on here? if so what channel to you call on nowadays?
    still bracker 19 still good bud
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

It used to be channel 14 in the early eighties, 19 for truckers.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        It used to be channel 14 in the early eighties, 19 for truckers.
        Was always 19, then move to a free channel. The 14 came later once the clubs got going.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Was always 19, then move to a free channel. The 14 came later once the clubs got going.
          10-4.

Comment

Have put one in the surf for off-road use. That's about it.
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Channel 19 seems pretty well used around the M11 / M25 area

My stereos not installed yet so have left the cb on and listen to some very random chatter on my way to work. - the echo chambers are still in use...use....use.......

Rob.

Comment

PMR two ways are cheap and multi channel these days. You can all be on the same frequency when off roading, and with up to 8mile range now there a good alternative to a cb install.
                Brian

Comment

i need to get a cb fitted, but i wont be taking my dash apart unless someone who knows what to do is going to help me lol

cb's, i imagine would almost be a must for off roading. especially since most of the places i, and quite a few others go to are still public roads and you cannot even use a phone with the engine on or something silly like that.

can you wire up the speaker output of the CB to your two front speakers used for the music radio and switch either off when not being used, or just turn the radio down to almost nothing - will this work? or will the output of the CB go into the stereo and blow something?
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I've mounted an internal speaker..... and a loud speaker under the bonnet! It wakes under folk!

You can get DIN kits for some radios and mine is under the stereo.

Dave

Comment

Reminds me of that old film convoy rubber duck!!

Comment

me and yoshie used the PMR's I have last time but I still want a whip!

Makes it look like a big remote control truck
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          me and yoshie used the PMR's I have last time but I still want a whip!

Makes it look like a big remote control truck
                          im going for that type look... jokers truck looks a bit like it too. great big massive aerial
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                            i need to get a cb fitted, but i wont be taking my dash apart unless someone who knows what to do is going to help me lol

cb's, i imagine would almost be a must for off roading. especially since most of the places i, and quite a few others go to are still public roads and you cannot even use a phone with the engine on or something silly like that.

can you wire up the speaker output of the CB to your two front speakers used for the music radio and switch either off when not being used, or just turn the radio down to almost nothing - will this work? or will the output of the CB go into the stereo and blow something?

I think maplins used to do a switch box that allowed 1 pair of speakers to be shared between two sources....

I used my in dash front speakers for my cb and am putting proper sized speakers in my doors for the stereo.

Rob.

Comment

Bought a brand new Midland set up for my trip to Weardale last year. Looked the biz and I was very pleased with it.

Only one thing wrong................when I got to Weardale everyone else had two way radios!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                                but I still want a whip!
                                PERV!
                                My other cars a QUAD
                                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                                X