cb radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb radios

dug mine out over the weekend and stuck it in my van to see if it still works, been all over n wales in the last 2 days and hardly heard a peep out of it, tried calling out for a rig check till my throat went sore.

what is the calling channel nowadays i guess its still 19

and does anyone use them on a day to day basis anymore
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

very rarely hear anyone on them...

sometimes if there's traffic, you'll hear something, or 2 blokes travelling together will talk...

everyone else uses phones.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i found some people on channel 14 when i was checking to see if i had managed to fix my mic. was a bit of a shock when some one said hello!!
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I fitted one ages ago and aint heard a peep out of it yet, dont even know if it works, lights up and everything but not a dicky bird,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i thought it was just me, mine shows tx on the swr meter so guess it works but will have to take it into work and stick it on a marconi test set and check for audio signal and tone rx signal if no ones on air to do a real test with

Comment

cb

watch it john i think you can get nicked if you pick the mic up

Comment

Hi Kevin
              crazy law in this country re mobiles and hands free kits
              c/b radios taxi type radios and of course police radios are exempt from the same law as mobiles.
              have you reconnected the egr valve yet to see if it runs ok when cold?

Comment

hi, not going out brass monkey mate, will do it in the morning worth a try,
                mite get some injector cleaner as well, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                  Hi Kevin
                  crazy law in this country re mobiles and hands free kits
                  c/b radios taxi type radios and of course police radios are exempt from the same law as mobiles.
                  have you reconnected the egr valve yet to see if it runs ok when cold?
                  think that was just to get round the police using their radios...

if the networks introduced PTT here, we'd be laughing!!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                    think that was just to get round the police using their radios...

if the networks introduced PTT here, we'd be laughing!!
                    agree with you there like the number plate law is for the police(and there cameras) nothing to do with mot but the ministry enforce it, like wise with window tinting it illegal on the front coz cameras and coppers cannt see you

Comment

funnily enough there was a complete cb setup for sale in our local free paper last weekend, when i read it i thought to myself ,do 'es anybody still use them? suppose they are handy for lorry drivers to keep in touch but when 27 mhz am was banned and it went over to fm with its limited range, most users lost interest.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                        funnily enough there was a complete cb setup for sale in our local free paper last weekend, when i read it i thought to myself ,do 'es anybody still use them? suppose they are handy for lorry drivers to keep in touch but when 27 mhz am was banned and it went over to fm with its limited range, most users lost interest.
                        last time i used them properly was prior to legalization in 81' happy old times. any truckers on here? if so what channel to you call on nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                          last time i used them properly was prior to legalization in 81' happy old times. any truckers on here? if so what channel to you call on nowadays?
                          the Nokia chanel!

Comment

Never used one since the 80s, I made a fortune selling them way back when the craze first started. All good cloak and dagger fun, and plenty of trips to Ireland for stock.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

is like a dodo like a dodo

the cb has been like a dodo for years you will hear lorry drivers near the motorways but not much else get a duel band radio with euro band with (mid block) but it is very 10-1 on there to i have a president lincon to do a bit of dxing (international modulation ) with and i do not have the cb in my lorry as the 40 channels or 27 meg is a pain in the arse and chat rooms killed the cb radio
                              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Working...
                              X