Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Hd Dvd

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7252172.stm

So who bought Blu-Ray players and who bought HD DVD players amongst us then!

Originally posted by laser_jock@work View Post

lol, neither. Never get involved in 'Competing Technoligy battles'

3 or 4 years down the line, thats the time to buy electronic stuff.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Blue who now? dvhdhd? Isn't that the thingy on stargate that make the wossname go round?
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

All the PS3 owners looking smug.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I went Blue but only because of the ps3!! sony always seems to win in the end!!

Comment

I admire the toshiba MD's decision... it took balls... but in the long term he had to pull out..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              I went Blue but only because of the ps3!! sony always seems to win in the end!!
              Betamax in the uk never took off
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I didn't bother, and I won't be doing so for a long while yet. I'm more than happy with the quality of normal DVDs even on a 36" HD TV, so don't see the point in spending silly money on a player. When I can get the players for around £40, and the discs start appearing in the bargain bins, then I'll consider it. Until then, if I really really need HD, I'll just download and watch it on my PC.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Gotta agree with Slugsie here. After spending mucho wonga on a new LCD HDTV and home cinema set up I have to say I'm more than happy with standard DVD's.

Even (ahem) back up DVD's look and sound excellent.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    3 or 4 years down the line, thats the time to buy electronic stuff.
                    Safest advice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
                      I didn't bother, and I won't be doing so for a long while yet. I'm more than happy with the quality of normal DVDs even on a 36" HD TV, so don't see the point in spending silly money on a player. When I can get the players for around £40, and the discs start appearing in the bargain bins, then I'll consider it. Until then, if I really really need HD, I'll just download and watch it on my PC.
                      HD looks good on 42"+ 1080P tv's though. My Samsung Blu-ray player also does a damn good job of upscaling standard DVD to 1080P too.

Comment

HD looks good on 42"+ 1080P tv's though. My Samsung Blu-ray player also does a damn good job of upscaling standard DVD to 1080P too.
                        That's the thing though. My LCD only does up to 720p, and I watch it so little that there is no point in me buying anything bigger/better (I only rent this one, so I could change whenever I feel like it). The only source I have the comes close to HD is my XBOX (original, not 360) running XBMC streaming HD videos off my PC. I've done a comparative test of HD stuff against DVD, and for the most part I can only see any real difference when I pause the video and sat up close. When I'm 10ft away and with my crap eyesight I can't see any difference.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

i got a PS3... got a few Blu ray discs, but no difference really..

Also got a Minidisc player sitting under my bed!!!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Not me.

Comment

yup - Pirate Bay/Mininova work for me for now
                              Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

Working...
                              X