Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prang!

just pranged the surf..
    whilst making a comment to my mate about a boy racers motor done up very nicely, with red car and red rims with black centres to match, the same car decided to come into my lane while i was still there!

i dunno what he was thinking but he lost his wing mirror at least :/

we both got out and as blame was being thrown he decided to get in a drive off. so i nicked his keys..
    a fight almost broke out while i was working out what to do. i hadnt even looked at my truck at this point. i asked the polices advice and they said if he drives off just report it at the station.

he sat in the car so i just said to him again you have two choices, either give me your details and drive off, or just break the law and drive off.. so he drove off lol

there is a graze down the passenger side which (its dark out now but..) i think it will probably polish out.. its the same sort of graze that im hoping would normally happen off road anyway :/

i cant really be bothered with hastle of me going to police now, and then cos im not fully comp as well i got to do all the chasing up myself...

thinking back i should have got out looked at damage, told him to learn how to drive and let him on his way from the beginning

i would say 'stupid kids!' but im pretty sure he was older than me.. lol
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

good on u lol,i would have driven off with his keys lolol
    but seriously,report to police and get crime ref number,just incase

Comment

What happens if you don't report it, and he does? thats you in the mire, that is...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

You should have took your keys out and then driven off in his car, and take a pic of the look on his face in his rear view mirror.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          good on u lol,i would have driven off with his keys lolol
          but seriously,report to police and get crime ref number,just incase
          i need to toughen up a bit.. may be i should have lamped him then drove off,.
          i dont even know where my local police station is.. i live by the tescos in purley.

if i dont report it, and he reports it can i still then report it ? i think the scratch will polish out. if it were worse then i wouldnt have let him drive off. i almost threw his keys in the bushes
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            What happens if you don't report it, and he does? thats you in the mire, that is...
            is it? will i get done instead cos i dont want that...
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              i need to toughen up a bit.. may be i should have lamped him then drove off,.
              i dont even know where my local police station is.. i live by the tescos in purley.

if i dont report it, and he reports it can i still then report it ? i think the scratch will polish out. if it were worse then i wouldnt have let him drive off. i almost threw his keys in the bushes
              u have to report within 24 hours,if u dont and it ever goes to court,u will get done for failing to report,6 points and ££££'s,i speak from experience

Comment

p.s have u noticed loads of shiny new transport for london,recovery/car removal trucks goin up and down purley way??

Comment

Chillitt is right mate. The guy who hit you sounds like a knobber. Its doubtful that anything will come of it but best cover yourself mate.
                  Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

ok im off down the plod station.. thanks for your advice, it is better to be safe than sorry. and now i think about it, he might report it and say its all my fault!

i dont know where the policia station is in croydon so ill have to go to sutton. which means i need diesel.. great. all i want is a hot chocolate and a chill out.

thanks though! speak to you all later
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I thought you only had to report an injury accident. Thats what a copper told me about 15 years ago when I had a minor prang at a junction and went to the local cop shop to report it.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

make sure u get crime refrence number!

Comment

p.s have u noticed loads of shiny new transport for london,recovery/car removal trucks goin up and down purley way??
                          no. but my flat mates car got towed one morning when he slept in..

which is surprising cos i did the same thing two weeks previous, and the yellow line is active at 7am, and by 11 am as i was crapping it to get dressed, i came out my door just as a ticket was being written. the bloke nodded and got on his bike.

do the lorrys have a 2 ton weight limit? its the only reason i can think why i was not towed away like the rest of them are
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

make sure u get crime refrence number!
                            oh i will. not after last time where we went up there at stupid oclock and spent 2 hours sorting it out to only go away and the woman pc didnt log anything at all!!!
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              I thought you only had to report an injury accident. Thats what a copper told me about 15 years ago when I had a minor prang at a junction and went to the local cop shop to report it.
                              u dont have but if other person reports it and u dont,u r up creek

Comment

Working...
                              X