maxxis Buckshot Mudders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maxxis Buckshot Mudders

Hi Guys, another tyre thread I am sorry but here goes.

I want some 35"x12.5" R15, I have the height etc (thanks to tony), I am getting the alloys (thanks LA supertrux) but am really struggling with the tyres.
    I have tried everyone and no one does All terrain tyres this size, that or they have none in stock.
    I wanted BFG's but they have stopped doing them in the uk.
    Camskill (spelling?), 4x4tyres, bronco 4x4 and a few other places have said they cant get anything but mud tyres and I really dont want them on the car 24/7. so any advice please.

Coopers do do a tyre but cant find any in stock in the country and they cant guarantee any anytime soon. (i.e. the next 3 months)

So that brings me on to sowden tyres. Mark has been a great help again (he did a great job for me a few years ago with some very cheap colways, yes they were remoulds but they lasted 15000/20000 miles and are now just falling apart also i did not have the lift then) anyway mark has found some maxxis tyres which he is pushing very hard (i think he is the new importer/ supplier etc for these so as you can guess hes trying his best)
    The tyres he is offering are Maxxis Buckshot mudders MT 754 but they are more or less the same tread as the BFG AT but the say they are a 60% off road 40% on road tyre. There are loads of reviews, most are positive but all from America.
    Has anyone here any experience with them, and/or any other recommendations please.

Cheers

oh forgot to say maxxis are 91 quid a tyre, very cheap for a new tyre and also have white letters (very very very important)

Comment

From what I`ve researched, the Buckshot Mudder is a street/mud SUV tyre for looks. It is a mud terrain tyre and has a much deeper tread than the BFG AT pattern. I think the market is for street with good off-roading capability but I would say the Maxxis Trepidor and BFG MT would be much better for off-roading.
      The Buckshot mudders are almost as cheap as the cheapest retreads though so probably a good deal.