Rear anti roll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear anti roll bar

This weekend I took advantage of the nice weather and fitted a suspension lift, comprising of RT +~2" springs, 1" BJ spacers machined by myself and leveled out on the torsion bars. Whilst underneath the rear I decided to remove the anti roll bar. Now when cornering I seem to experience sea sickness! How much difference will I find offroad without the bar? Do I really need more articulation when green laning? and as I need the truck as a daily driver is it really worth this inconvenience on road?
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

For green lanes I would say no need to take it off and unless you fit longer shocks its kind of pointless IMHO
    Brian

Comment

With Landcruiser springs on the back, losing the ARB made no difference whatsover, and I know I've got that extra bit of articulation should I need it.

Seems odd that you noticed a big difference. Most people reckon taking off the front one makes a difference to the stability, but didn't notice any difference when removing the rear one. I guess if you have big loads in the truck...
      Last edited by Apache; 17 February 2008, 23:52.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Seems odd that you noticed a big difference. Most people reckon taking off the front one makes a difference to the stability, but didn't notice any difference when removing the rear one. I guess if you have big loads in the truck...
        He's used the Roughtrax +2" ones though. They aren't as sturdy as the LC ones by all accounts, from what I can remember.

Comment

Running on the hard shock setting improves the roll, maybe I will give it a few days to see if I can live with it on the road, if not then I guess I will put it back on.
          Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

mine was a bit twitchy with the rear ARB removed and still on standard shocks, even more so with loads in the back. I got used to it after a while but it was a bit scary at times, with hindsight i'd probably keep it on next time round unless i had extended shocks so i could use the extra articulation it allows.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

I've never found it to be an issue, but I do have extended shocks, LC springs and drive like an old fart
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                and drive like an old fart
                Hhmmmmmmm...

Comment

i dont find any probs n my surf is standard with my rear anti roll bar taken off

Comment

I get a bit more body roll than I used to but have NO anti roll bars. Had no choice but remove the rear one as I sheared one of the mounts at SRTTS last year!
                    My other cars a QUAD
                    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Mine is off- took it off when I fitted the coil spacers. I`ve got Milners HD springs with 1.5" spacers with std. shocks set on hard (all the time). Also have a bodylift. Not a problem cornering. I could do with fitting +2" shocks though.