suspension lift where from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension lift where from?

i want to lift the suspension 3" but i can only seem to find 2" lift kits does anyone know of any 3" kits or do i have to find the bit separately?

ive been told what you can do is, the 2" springs plus 2" spacers on the rear. but i think you need to do something with that arm/bar on the back.

and if you wind up the tortion bars on the front over 1.5-2" more than standard then you start getting problems where the angle of the half shafts are too much and you will break something. unless you modify the front.

i think this is why they do 2" kits...

im planning on doing the 2" springs and 2" spacers together to get the back higher than the front. and ive done the front tortion bars to about 1.5-2" (well someone else did them for me) and then i will do 2" body lift.

so you actually get more lift by 2" on the front and it looks a bit more with the body lift
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Landcruiser springs will give you 3" on the back, torsion bars can be wound up to their maximum (I know, I did it!) and that levels it out. It is however, better to fit ball joint spacers at the front so you dont have to put so much tension into the torsion bars as the ride is pretty bouncy like that.

You wont likely 'break' anything as such, but its a good idea to fit manual hubs so you dont eat cv boots as the cv joints will be at a pretty steep angle.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

nice.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

What the feck are you on tonight you nutter?!

Comment

i've done it man!

i'll not mess about in any more threads tonight! it was all to do with a rapid scroll down falling into a pre-conceived notion of absent mindedlessness wrapped in a conscious fusion of flashing images..............or something.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
              i've done it man!

i'll not mess about in any more threads tonight! it was all to do with a rapid scroll down falling into a pre-conceived notion of absent mindedlessness wrapped in a conscious fusion of flashing images..............or something.
              Aceeed.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

if ya mean Creed Bratton, dude your wrong. which remind me, american office...i'm off i got downloaded episode to watch.

jenna fischer...WOW!

Comment

LAS do a 4" kit if you're desperate to get an extra 4" http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/4_..._Lux_Surf.html
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

can i have a pint of what LOGAY,S on

Comment

can i have a pint of what LOGEY,S on

Comment

Originally posted by markyboy123 View Post
                        i want to lift the suspension 3" but i can only seem to find 2" lift kits does anyone know of any 3" kits or do i have to find the bit separately?
                        Fill in vehicle details in the user cp and you might have a chance of finding something that'll fit your truck. TJM do a 60mm lift for the 3rd gen.
                        If it's a 2nd gen get a 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift.
                        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                          LAS do a 4" kit if you're desperate to get an extra 4" http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/4_..._Lux_Surf.html
                          it's a bit expensive though at a grand but it does sound like you get everything you need

Comment

Originally posted by White Russian View Post
                            can i have a pint of what LOGEY,S on
                            is not pints its 1/8 1/4 or 1/2 or an ounce At
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by markyboy123 View Post
                              it's a bit expensive though at a grand but it does sound like you get everything you need
                              That might well be the kit that Tony N fitted to Lindas truck, so if you need to know about it, ask him!

Comment

Working...
                              X