Sealy Tyre Changer, worth a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealy Tyre Changer, worth a look

Ive just bought one of these off ebay, its manual but its cheap at £50 delivered, bearing in mind one change and ive got my money back. Phone the guy direct and he knocks the price down a bit cos he dont have to pay the fees.

Thought id mention it cos its portable, ive got a puncture repair kit for cars/trucks etc, and when off road it could be a very handy tool to carry, you can just whip it off the rim repair punture and get it back on again.

Also means you dont have to listen to folk saying no i cant repair that its too near the edge. Anyway, thought itd interest some of ya. Its 25kg and packs away so im taking mine to clog in march.

Sorry meant to say email him and he'll phone you back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALEY-MANUAL-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 14 February 2008, 14:57.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
    Ive just bought one of these off ebay, its manual but its cheap at £50 delivered, bearing in mind one change and ive got my money back. Phone the guy direct and he knocks the price down a bit cos he dont have to pay the fees.

Thought id mention it cos its portable, ive got a puncture repair kit for cars/trucks etc, and when off road it could be a very handy tool to carry, you can just whip it off the rim repair punture and get it back on again.

Also means you dont have to listen to folk saying no i cant repair that its too near the edge. Anyway, thought itd interest some of ya. Its 25kg and packs away so im taking mine to clog in march.

Sorry meant to say email him and he'll phone you back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALEY-MANUAL-...QQcmdZViewItem
    What do you do for pumping it back up when off road?

Mark

Comment

i dont mean to offend but your in for a good time trying to get tyres off with one of those, its basically just a bead breaker, tyres can be removed using the bar that comes with it but it isnt easy,
      as part of my job doing smart repairs we repair alloys and use an air powered bead breaker and never remove tyres just push them back from the rim, but one of the other companies that works with us at one site uses a manual bead breaker, it basically works like a hydraulic jack upside down, but to actually remove a tyre you have to use brute force and the bar, and ive seen some nasty accidents with the bar springing back at someone and breking noses or knocking teeth out ,
      BE VERY CAREFUL USING IT
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

i removed many tryes from the rimms big wheels to small wheels from split rimms to ally rimms all by hand
        its fawkin hard work and like some one allready said its prone to nasty accidents
        it works but please be very carefull
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

is it actually big enough to do our tyres? I think it is 203 mm is 8", 460mm is 18" so as long as that's the wheel measurements not the tyres then i guess it should do them. I'd go for http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INDUSTRIAL-TYR...QQcmdZViewItem and a nice big lump hammer.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
            What do you do for pumping it back up when off road?

Mark

Fit one of these:

http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

I changed the 7.50’s on my old Land Rover with just a pair of old army tyre levers…. not what you’d call easy broke the bead by driving over the edge with the Landy. Standard steel wheels though that are easy to replace if damaged.
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Now that's just showing off!! is it really held up with a cable tie!! you've been looking at my snorkel thread!!

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                Fit one of these:

Comment

Working...
                X