• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention ALL London based surfers !!

Yet again the Biased Broadcasting Corporation stick the knife in

Have you seen the 6:30 news ?

Here's my response

Yet again you are working under the name of Biased Broadcasting Corporation. The Mayor is NOT just hitting 4x4s, he is hitting ALL larger polluting cars. If you think all 4x4s are dirty gas guzzlers explain the Fiat Panda or Subaru Justy. My 4x4 runs on Vegetable Oil, and burns less fuel than most of the featured cars on top gear - I don't notice you knocking them - check out the RX-8 May I draw your attention to the bbc article http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs...00/5324718.stm As your biased report, by it's very nature, implies that we should all change our vehicles for new 'cleaner' ones can you explain the impact of manufacturing these new cars ? After all you have taken that impact into account haven't you ? If not WHY not ? Ah, I forget, if you took that into account you would have to give a balanced report - on this subject THAT WOULD BE A FIRST !! VERY disgusted AGAIN Trevor Wilson

TV channel:

BBC Regional Television

Under 13:

no

Programme name:

6:30 news

Transmission date:

12 - 02 - 08
    Here's where you can complain
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Yep it is true - the Media run everything these days!!! Yet people seem to just follow them like sheep and do and feel like they are 'told' too.
    Just as bad as lawyers - twisting things here and skewing things there. I guess that's what you get when you prevent people being able to use their common sense.
    Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

it won't happen there will be uproar he's just testing the water to see if he will get away with it.
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

It's just the BBC doing what they're told, peddling government spin to the masses. The Soviets had the TASS News Agency, we have the BBC, with the added insult of funding them with a television tax.
        Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

good one Trev. As I suspect they arent talking about charging vehicles by drivetrain type but emissions (for which they have no data for the surfs!?).
          they're not wrong saying that 4x4's is just shorthand for all vehicles that consume more fuel than the average hatchback.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Did anyone see today's 6:30 news ?

It was really upsetting seeing red ken saying that 'respect has to be earned' and calling the London Assembly a bunch of hypocrites.

Now I wouldn't be one to have thoughts concerning pots and the colour black

And of course ken has earned my respect - and if you believe that fairies clean your car every night !!!!!!!

Meanwhile I do have to ask - has the penny began to drop ?
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
              has the penny began to drop
              Heh... "It's all 4x4" for years, then it gets measured... oops!

Just like the little old lady at the end of the street used to say; Opinions are like Ar*eholes -- everyone has one and most people's are full of sh*t.

Comment

I have pointed this out to a number of fools who thought I was trying to scare them.

It's like last year when they "re-aligned" the car tax bands so that a band c petrol car cost the same as a band c diesel one.

Now the masses see red Ken's latest stunt they might well realise that all this global warming cr@p is just now a convenient excuse to raise taxes
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

a mate at work once got annoyed that his beetle costs more to tax than my big smelly (chip shop smelly anyway) Surf. The same will be true with the silly congestion charge that hits many cars, although the Surfs are all under 3.0's they seem like an ever better choice now I bet!
                  Forcing everyone to buy newer cars is not the answer or particularly green!

the sooner he goes the better. Sort the tube etc out as when its empty its not too bad (just so damn public!).
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                  X