X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gas guzzlers"

S'pose I'm one of them now then!
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

Good to see red ken is up to speed with CO2 emmisions.

Yet again, discrimination. Doesn't bother me just yet, I have no intention of visiting London anyway, hate the damn place.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Mr Livingstone said: "Nobody needs to damage the environment by driving a gas-guzzling Chelsea tractor in central London. The CO2 emissions from the most high-powered 4x4s and sports cars can be up to four times as great as the least polluting cars."
      Quite possibly true, but for me and 4 others to go to central london by train costs around £90. I can do the return trip including parrking for a full day in the surf for less than £50. Parking within 1/4 of a mile of harrods. To get there by train requires 2 changes, takes longer and costs twice as much. Unfortunately i don't have the luxury to be able to afford to run two cars so when i want to go into the city i can't drive a nice small economical city car, that wouldn't fit any luggage in if i needed to take any.

I'm more than happy to be eco-friendly if there's an incentive to do it - that doesn't infringe on my need to have a large car that goes offroad out of necessity on occasions the rest of the time.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

i wonder if the queens rolls royces are excluded from that,and any government vehicle.???i can just see the queen in a smart car.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          Quite possibly true, but for me and 4 others to go to central london by train costs around £90. I can do the return trip including parrking for a full day in the surf for less than £50. Parking within 1/4 of a mile of harrods. To get there by train requires 2 changes, takes longer and costs twice as much. Unfortunately i don't have the luxury to be able to afford to run two cars so when i want to go into the city i can't drive a nice small economical city car, that wouldn't fit any luggage in if i needed to take any.

I'm more than happy to be eco-friendly if there's an incentive to do it - that doesn't infringe on my need to have a large car that goes offroad out of necessity on occasions the rest of the time.
          I wonder if a 2nd gen Surf would be affected by this? Presumably it's set to hit those who are also hit by the top rate Car Tax band, which doesn't cover a 2nd Gen Surf.

The really galling thing however is that those who drive the big new expensive 4x4s, sports cars etc, will for the most part either just pay the £25 because they can afford to, or by a second car that won't be hit. It's the averages Joes like us that will be penalised.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

think he mentioned engine size
            anyone know if a smart car engine will fit in a surf???
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
              think he mentioned engine size
              anyone know if a smart car engine will fit in a surf???
              They will all fit in the surf Dave but don't think you'll get very far tho
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Will if he puts three of em in!!
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  S'pose I'm one of them now then! And me too. Yipee!
                  http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

Good to see red ken is up to speed with CO2 emmisions.
                  Can't wait.
                  http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post

The really galling thing however is that those who drive the big new expensive 4x4s, sports cars etc, will for the most part either just pay the £25 because they can afford to, or by a second car that won't be hit. It's the averages Joes like us that will be penalised.
                    So Ken is trying to get all the big 4X4s off London's roads, and replace them with twice as many smaller, lower emission cars? Brilliant!
                    He really hasn't thought it through, has he!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      So Ken is trying to get all the big 4X4s off London's roads, and replace them with twice as many smaller, lower emission cars? Brilliant!
                      He really hasn't thought it through, has he!
                      Has he ever ?
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                      X