@ Lang-Shanket scunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Lang-Shanket scunner

OK Carl what i did was get the tyres taken off and undo all the bolts around the split rim, then after polishing or if you want painting em just re fit together with what used to be the back rim fitted at the front, as ya can see it made the wheels stick out further than when standard, when reassembling
    em i used some expansion joint sealant smeared on the mateing surfaces, then a good spread of it over the join, give it a couple of days to "go off" and then refit the tyres, no prob;s with leaking since, this may be possible with two piece rims, i'll know when i recieve Nicks spare wheel, which i think is two piece, mine do stick out past the arches a bit but so far i'v had no probs with old bill or mot, better than useing spacers i think as the center "spider" is where it should be, on the hub and not on spaced bolts, there's probably in issue with extra load on the bearings but i've had no probs so far,

>edit< thinking, it may be possible to reverse em on two piece without haveing to remove the tyre, i'll soon know
    Attached Files
    Last edited by POPEYE; 11 February 2008, 21:09.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Thats just the ticket mate, thats saturday dealt with, i have 2 piecers, so the spider is the only thing need worry about, tyre can stay on too. Its like gettin bigger offset wheels i suppose which is better safer than spacers

Thanks alot my friend.

Shank
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
    X