sunderland to devon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunderland to devon

in a few months ill be doing sunderland to devon and back and ill be doing it on veg oil,

i have been running on oil for ages now my old astra and fiesta, and now my hilux witch i have had for 2 month i run a 50/50 mix some times i run more oil than diesel and never had a problem,

i just ask will i have to run a mix of oil and diesel all the way or could i run on just oil once im up and going and engine will be hot ?

pluse any prep tips for my surf before i go please ?

Well the other day i put 3 quid diesel in, then went into asda and got 7 x 3 litre veg oils and put them in.

Comment

If you're running straight down get the engine warm then fill it with veggie oil. Keep it topped up with veggie till your there or there abouts. Stick a tenner or so worth of diesel in just to make sure it starts okay if it's cold. Then for the return journey do the same as on the run down.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by saker View Post
        in a few months ill be doing sunderland to devon and back and ill be doing it on veg oil,

i have been running on oil for ages now my old astra and fiesta, and now my hilux witch i have had for 2 month i run a 50/50 mix some times i run more oil than diesel and never had a problem,

i just ask will i have to run a mix of oil and diesel all the way or could i run on just oil once im up and going and engine will be hot ?

pluse any prep tips for my surf before i go please ?
        I made a mistake at Christmas and ran mine on 95 % veg oil on a cold day as well the truck struggled to start but once I had done 5km it ran smooth as you like. Left over night it struggled to start in morning but once running was fine. During the summer I might just run it on veg as starting will be fine @ the moment I run on £15 diesel and the rest veg (75% ish veg) might be worth having a spare filter just in case you drag some cr@p into it.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X