yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snorkel on the cheap and intercooler (Better Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkel on the cheap and intercooler (Better Pics)

By popular demand ill write down a couple of bits to help those as tight as me to get things done cheaply. The snorkel was sourced by me going round and round a scrap yard hunting for plastic piping with a bend a decent bore size and the right length. I then bored a hole through outer and inner wing and that went straight to the filter box which i have yet to waterproof properly.

It works fine and i can feel all suction is at the top of the snorkel. I am awaiting a home made cap but thatll arrive shortly. The intercooler was a doddle with only a couple of bends and a wee piece of metal to mount it on, i drilled 2 holes in mateal and attached it to one bolts on rocker cover up to cooler to stand it up.

And questions ask and ill see if i can answer them, but mainly its just a case of farting around until its right.

Without Surf And Unhappy

looking good m8. Has anyone put an intercooler on a 3 litre yet? Or have i missed something..

Comment

Cheers mate, i dont think so but from what i can see it should be easier than on the 2.4.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Good work Carl, nowt better than a cheap job done yourself, more satisfaction that way, most of my mods are cheap or as cheap as i can make it, sometimes tho ya have to bit the bullitt and dig in, my intercooler was free(from Jotto) but ended up costing over a ton with silicu*t hose and a fan and relays and thermostat switch etc etc, my snorkels were free to, 2 1/4" internal boiler alloy flue pipe, just need some small spotties to make the tops out of and connect em up, well done

>shame it aint clean<
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Why thankyou, yourself and stein are my inspiration. Although not quite as professional. The main thing is ill soon be able to go in the drink nice and deep

Just noticed the end of your post cheeky git
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

nice job carl.looking good mate.the truck has certainly come a long way from the day you bought it.so whats next in line??????
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              nice job carl.looking good mate.the truck has certainly come a long way from the day you bought it.so whats next in line??????
              Clean it
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                Wel dalcrue autosalvage have a set of wheels off a landcruiser (not standard) that are 15 inch with a big offset 10 inch wide, but well sunk main plate ie where the nuts go. Need work but theyre £80, then ill get my 33's onboard.

Another suspension lift i want too, with add drop brackets etc, and brakes done and uprated uj's
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                X