Sunroof Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Help

Now the happy owner of a G spec at long last¬¬!

I opened the sun roof to admire the view and and when I went to close it, it wouldn't close.

Outcome is, I need to replace the switch as part of the housing is broken.

Does anyone have one I could buy please?

Oh - also I need to replace the dash console bit where the radio slots in, some wise guy has hacksawed the frame out and now nothing will fit in it:-)
    Thanks
    Last edited by sparkyaj; 10 February 2008, 11:56.

Bad luck, have you looked in the parts for sale section, or the breaking surfs section?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Try Supersurf - he's breaking a surf at the moment and is in Plymouth
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj View Post
        Now the happy owner of a G spec at long last¬¬!

I opened the sun roof to admire the view and and when I went to close it, it wouldn't close.

Outcome is, I need to replace the switch as part of the housing is broken.

Does anyone have one I could buy please?

Oh - also I need to replace the dash console bit where the radio slots in, some wise guy has hacksawed the frame out and now nothing will fit in it:-)
        Thanks

You did remember to press the button as well didnt you ?? and not just try the switch only ??

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          You did remember to press the button as well didnt you ?? and not just try the switch only ??

Bogus
          I can admit to that little mistake when I got my truck!! Took me about 3 minutes of panic as the skys were grey

Dean
          "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

yeagh, thanks - the switch doesnt make contact - it's only got one peg instead of two

Comment

Help

Still not had any luck finding a window switch - has anyone seen one please
              ''''''''''''''??????????????/

thank you

Comment

yep, i think i have one - i'll whip it out and make sure it's ok in a bit
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

COOL!! Thank you!!

could you drop me an email at work - sales at ajfinch.co.uk

thank you

Comment

Sorry, had a play and it don't seem to be working, although i know it was when i disconnected it because the worm drives had already snapped when i bought the car, i disconnected it as it was easier just to disconnect it so no one could part open the sunroof then me have to mess around to close it.

It just doesn't seem to be working now. It could be that i've already disconnected something under the dash that's stopped it from working though, so i will have another play with it friday and see if i can get it working.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                      Sorry, had a play and it don't seem to be working, although i know it was when i disconnected it because the worm drives had already snapped when i bought the car, i disconnected it as it was easier just to disconnect it so no one could part open the sunroof then me have to mess around to close it.

It just doesn't seem to be working now. It could be that i've already disconnected something under the dash that's stopped it from working though, so i will have another play with it friday and see if i can get it working.
                      scrap that, was me being a muppet - The penny dropped at work today

Remember folks: The ignition needs to be on for the sunroof to work!

Both switch and motor are fine, so yes i do have them available.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Do the letters IOTY mean anything ?
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                          hmmmmmmmmmmm

Do the letters IOTY mean anything ?
                          "It's Over To You" ?? (source: http://www.all-acronyms.com/?t=ioty)
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Working...
                          X