X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am ledgend

Watched "i am ledgend" last night, it a bl00dy remake of "the omega man"
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

havent seen it but i have heard its the same as "28 days later". apparently they were both due for release at the same time so they had to delay "i am leg end" for a couple of years.

Comment

I have to say I did feel 'let down' by that film, had so much more potential! And the zombies looked rubbish, but it did have a couple of my top cars - the Ford Expedition and Ford Mustang

Cloverfield I thought was good though (even if it took me a few days to decide this) Still undecided on the ending too, lol, but I guess it made it that bit different, and couldn't be changed if you look at it as a 'love story' lol
      Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

saw "cloverfield" the other night. pretty good, not as terrifying as the warnings in the cinema stating it was like a really bad rollercoaster ride with strobe lighting, and you might throw up your coke and popcorn

Comment

hmm I never saw any warnings, lol, mind you yes it wasn't scary at all! However, it did keep the tension/action up constantly which was great for once! and I didn't even know there was a monster in it till I went in, just wish it had been longer.

Comment

on the film subject..

has anyone seen "sweeney todd"? anygood? wife wants to see it. i hate any films with singing in. is it really a musical??

Comment

Originally posted by grabeck View Post
              has anyone seen "sweeney todd"? anygood? wife wants to see it. i hate any films with singing in. is it really a musical??
              My son saw it reccons it was great, at first he did'nt think he was going to like it but it soon grabbed him, very ecplicit i think so if you dont like the sight of blood!!!!!!

Comment

oh yes, cant beat a bit of blood, now i want to go and the missus doesnt!!!
                cheers

Comment

D
                  oh yes, cant beat a bit of blood, now i want to go and the missus doesnt!!!
                  cheers

Comment

aye it is, put me right off!
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i am legend.... VERY disappointing!!

i hate any film with "CGI" crap cartoon animals in them!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I liked I am Legend. Will Smith played the part well, and the scene was set believably. However I don't think the potential of the situation was explored to anywhere near its potential.

Watched Cloverfield tonight. I knew nothing much about it so didn't really know what to expect. I didn't find it in the least bit scarey, and the style was maybe a bit too 'Blair Witchey'. However it was played beliveably, so I did quite enjoy it. Could have done with being a bit longer though.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          Watched "i am ledgend" last night, it a bl00dy remake of "the omega man"
                          Original was much better. I just felt sorry for the dog!
                          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

I don't really have a problem with remakes as long as they are done well. It's like the same song, sung by two different people (one you might like, one you might not). But yes, I really wish Hollywood wouldn't just go for the money the as much as they do, like they did with Pirates Carribean 2 - that really had some GREAT potential to use some awesome graphics to explore some of the sets further, but they knew it'd pull in millions without doing so. That did annoy me. and unintended 'cartoon' graphics really insult me too.

Wish they'd take a leaf out of Lord o' Rings, the extra 'few' million is really worth it (and not that much out of their profits).

Further re: Cloverfield - while the more I think about it the more I like it, they didn't have to shake so much just to prove it was a handheld cam.
                            oh and I was speaking to a friend last night about the proposed 'sequel' and how it could be done - I think the only way (good?) is show the same night but from a military perspective, where some of the original cast could be seen running across the screen from time to time, then perhaps show more of the 'end'. Ooh I could go on forever!

Comment

Aggree the orininal was slightly better although with the technology of today
                              CGI it does make it more grafic, only thing i did'nt like about the original was the seemingly compolseory use of "black " actors in it, guess that was a product of the era, black power and all that, there are some great black actors dont get me wrong, but it's like they were forced to include a certain number in many films of that period, wether or not they were good, read a book once called "earth abides" with delt with that sort of sinereo, excellent read and went much further into how humans gradually returned to small tribes,

Comment

Working...
                              X