Xmas morning...again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas morning...again!

Received all this today (not the rad) from the U.S.A. and no import duty was required, result!

Got the proper Lexus recommended transmission fluid for a quarter of the price it is over here, and thats including shipping. (I bought in bulk!)

If you get a minute, check out this site, http://summitracing.com/

Click on the Departments section and check the prices of wheels and tyres, e.g. Mickey Thompson classic II wheels, 10X15 £60 each!!!!!

enough to make you weep.

I'm gonna ask how much to ship 4 of 'em over here.......

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    e.g. Mickey Thompson classic II wheels, 10X15 £60 each!!!!!

It certainly is! Check it out Vince, see how much for 9 or 10...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

im probably wrong but i thought that you didnt need the relocation kit ?

Comment

Originally posted by white akita View Post
        im probably wrong but i thought that you didnt need the relocation kit ?
        You're correct, but the only way 'round the clearance issues was to fit a really small oil filter. This creates problems with oil pressure in a large engine, so I bought the remote set-up (£45 delivered from the U.S.!) and now I have a huge oil filter, bigger than the Surf's was, plus it'll aid in cooling the oil too as I had to delete the coolant hose that connects onto the stock oil filter housing. Which was causing the clearance headache in the first place.
        Also, I wanted to keep the CoG as low as possible, and now the engine sits 2" lower with the remote filter set-up.

Comment

its well worth fitting then, the engine looks great in there, i hope you are getting a ss exhaust to hear it in all its glory !

Comment

summitracing are awesome!

I asked for a shipping quote from them before - VERY helpful, I wanted the cragar street locks. they were fairly cheap!

BUT - shipping was a total killer, it was big money! I think in the end it worked out about £750 to import 5 an pick them up from bournemouth airport.

The MT classics are a lot more $$ then the street locks were so as painful as it is to say it - its cheaper to buy them in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              summitracing are awesome!

I asked for a shipping quote from them before - VERY helpful, I wanted the cragar street locks. they were fairly cheap!

BUT - shipping was a total killer, it was big money! I think in the end it worked out about £750 to import 5 an pick them up from bournemouth airport.

The MT classics are a lot more $$ then the street locks were so as painful as it is to say it - its cheaper to buy them in the UK!
              Maybe find out if someone on here knows of anyone moving over to the U.K. from the states and chucking a set of wheels in their container.

Comment

Maybe find out if someone on here knows of anyone moving over to the U.K. from the states and chucking a set of wheels in their container.
                Good point!

contacting an import company that works out of the local docks would be simple enough mate!

Import duty is still horrible - your looking at 20 odd % on $480 then add 17.5% VAT -

I was gutted when i worked out the price for the street locks

Comment

Received all this today (not the rad) from the U.S.A. and no import duty was required, result!

Got the proper Lexus recommended transmission fluid for a quarter of the price it is over here, and thats including shipping. (I bought in bulk!)

Click on the Departments section and check the prices of wheels and tyres, e.g. Mickey Thompson classic II wheels, 10X15 £60 each!!!!!

enough to make you weep.

i trust you checked what fluid(there are two types, the one you have got and>) is shown on the top of the auto transmision dip stick as some lexus auto boxes use dextron II or III and the two should'nt be mixed also the standard radiator has a lower section that the transmision fluid flows through for cooling as the auto box gets very hot.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                    i trust you checked what fluid(there are two types, the one you have got and>) is shown on the top of the auto transmision dip stick as some lexus auto boxes use dextron II or III and the two should'nt be mixed also the standard radiator has a lower section that the transmision fluid flows through for cooling as the auto box gets very hot.
                    Yes mate, type IV fluid. It actually says T-II on the dipstick, but Type IV supercedes it.
                    You can see the transmission cooler connections on the Surf rad in the pic.
                    The LS400 trans has an extra valve to smooth out the gear changes, I don't think the Soarer has it.

P.s. I know virtually all there is to know about the 1UZ-FE engine and transmission, if I embark on any type of conversion or modification, I research the shit out of it first!

Comment

P.s. I know virtually all there is to know about the 1UZ-FE engine and transmission
                      what does the F stand for?
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                        what does the F stand for?
                        Freedom without pants.

Comment

Freedom without pants.

hehehe!!... that sounds like the sort of daft jap import stickers like the "urban sporty"!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Import duty is still horrible - your looking at 20 odd % on $480 then add 17.5% VAT -

Get the seller to scribble on the side wall with a tyre crayon and put down that the tyres are second hand. Second hand goods from the US dont have import duty etc added. We used to buy tons of American Football gear this way when I played.
                            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

enough to make you weep.

vince my wife wants to cut of your danglies for showing that link, what a site just ordered powertrax lockers cant believe the price delivered, pal has just ordered full arb kit for his rover, keeping his fingers crossed with import duty, check out the price of warn winches , shame they are to heavy to ship,did mention this site and you, you should be up for some commision, thanks again.
                              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
                              X