Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint query

hopefully somebody can help,

i am trying to find out what colour the paint on my bumper is. i have a 1992 SSRG in burgandy, the bumpers are a grey colour, the vin plate gives the colour as 25T which i take to relate to the body colour and not the bumpers, am having problems tracing this colour too.am i being too hopeful to expect halfords to stock it.

thanks once again for any help.

Yup Halfrauds wont do it i should'nt think, you need to go to a paint shop supplyer and get em to match it, even takeing it from the vin plate dont nessirily give ya a perfect match, sun, wear etc, any good auto paint place should be able to give you a dam near perfect match, think their able to supply it in aerosol cans as well.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

25T means the truck has a two colour paint finish.

The burgundy code is 3J8.
      The grey code is 179.

You'll need to get it mixed at a vehicle paint supplies place to get the perfect match. Just quote the 25T code and thier computer will do the rest.

p.s. it cost around a tenner for a rattle can of paint, about 15 quid for a litre tin. Don't forget you'll need a clear top coat too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        25T means the truck has a two colour paint finish.

The burgundy code is 3J8.
        The grey code is 179.

You'll need to get it mixed at a vehicle paint supplies place to get the perfect match. Just quote the 25T code and thier computer will do the rest.

p.s. it cost around a tenner for a rattle can of paint, about 15 quid for a litre tin. Don't forget you'll need a clear top coat too.
        cheers vince, can now get my light guards sprayed in the right colour

Comment

Working...
        X