Nice Truck But I'm Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Truck But I'm Confused

Saw this today and had to stop to take a picture with my phone. I'm going to show my ignorance now and ask is it a Surf with the back chopped off or is it something else?

Whatever it is it looks very nice! I was going to stick a card under the wiper but I was getting some funny looks from the people in the garage so I thought I'd better not.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

NIiiiice!

Its just a mk 3 pickup mate - probably an import looking at the chrome.

just been jacked up an some big meats been thrown on

Comment

It's a pointless pick-up. Or half Surf, half bucket.

Comment

Gonna be honest here and say I've never seen one before, or maybe I have and didn't realise what it was. Still, I must say, it looked in really good condition. Should have had the bottle to put the forum card on!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Say what you mean Vince, no need to be coy!

I still like it, so there!!!!!

Comment

You lot know nothing

It's not a MK3 it's a LN106 *tut*

and it's not pointless either
            I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat View Post
              Say what you mean Vince, no need to be coy!

I still like it, so there!!!!!

It would look sooooooo much better without the extra doors

Smart wheels though.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat View Post
                Saw this today and had to stop to take a picture with my phone. I'm going to show my ignorance now and ask is it a Surf with the back chopped off or is it something else?

Whatever it is it looks very nice! I was going to stick a card under the wiper but I was getting some funny looks from the people in the garage so I thought I'd better not.

Nice PHONE!!

Comment

Over the years Toyota have produced numerous body styles on the Hilux frame........

Single cab pick up - see them everywhere, two doors, big tub at the back

Extra cab pick up - quite rare, slightly longer cab, two doors, medium tub at the back

Double cab pick up - fairly common, four doors, small tub at the back

Surf (not a pick up) - common as muck, four doors, no tub at the back!
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    oi! and what's wrong with demi surfs?
                    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Those orange lights under the steps look sh1ttier than a sh1tty thing though. Naff like neons under a Corsa.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Those orange lights under the steps look sh1ttier than a sh1tty thing though. Naff like neons under a Corsa.
                        nothing a trip offroad wouldn't fix/remove
                        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

there's a bloke round here who drive's one of them too ! i like it !
                          shame about the gay orange lights down the side ! he probably runs the dodgems on the fair or sommat.....

i'd like even more to see the
                          "Extra cab pick up - quite rare, slightly longer cab, two doors, medium tub at the back"..........
                          pics anyone ?
                          i'm glad someone got some pics cos i was wondering too ! ? !

fatboy33
                          " loving my surf "

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                            Over the years Toyota have produced numerous body styles on the Hilux frame........

Single cab pick up - see them everywhere, two doors, big tub at the back

Extra cab pick up - quite rare, slightly longer cab, two doors, medium tub at the back

Double cab pick up - fairly common, four doors, small tub at the back

Surf (not a pick up) - common as muck, four doors, no tub at the back!
                            EERR wot about the mighty 1st GEN 2 doors, rear seats, removable top, big tub when seats folded down, sleeps 2.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

An Extra Cab

It was a toss up between getting a double cab or a Hilux for me... I wanted something that everyone can pile into.. The extra cabs seemed too far and inbetween!

Still you can put the back seats down in a surf and sleep in reletive comfort... Double cab beds are too short and too... open!
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X