body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift

can anyone in the northeast, im in teesside do a 1 1/2 body lift if so how much would it be
    thanks

if you can make it up to blairgowrie ill do it for free!
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i asked this question only 1 week ago but i think we live to far away from all the competant and willing people to help us so me and my brother in law did it last weekend.
      it took us 5 hours from start to finish and did a good job, just fitted my 33s today and they look great, i just need someone to make me some 1.5" bumper brackets now, i think you will need some to.

Comment

essentially, the bumper is held on the chassis wiv 4 bolts! if you make 2 square plates, and put twio holes for where chassis bolts to, and then drill 2 more holes 1.5" above them and your done.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

oh and thanks 'shankit' ! all the advice you gave me about the body lift was great and everything went smoothly

Comment

glad to hear it and your welcome, sorry for not explainin the torsion clearly, look at my posyt just before yours for a bracket for your bumper, you want me to do a pic for ya?
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

sorry for hijacking your thread mick !
              i have seen pictures of the adaptors and they are very simple but i dont know what size holes i need or how far they are apart.
              i had my new alloys and 33s fitted today, they nearly ripped my bumper to shreads ! so i have trimmed the bumper but i need the brackets asap !

Comment

undo the bumper and have a look at the holes in its bracket, match em up and drill them get suitable nut and bolt for top 2
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

oh and all this info is helpfull for mick as he may attemp it himself with extra info
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

tonyn was goint to make me 2 and send them for a measely £15 which would be ideal but he hasn't got back to me for a few days but im suprised he has time to sleep !
                    i will have a go this weekend if i can get hold of some plate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
                      if you can make it up to blairgowrie ill do it for free!

Damn... just realised how far away you are or I would have been setting off lol

Distance: 282.5 miles

Time: 5 hr 12 min
                      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674 View Post
                        Damn... just realised how far away you are or I would have been setting off lol

Distance: 282.5 miles

Time: 5 hr 12 min
                        And £100 of derv at least, but if you find yerself up this way, ill do it.
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I have a 50 ltr veg oil tank in the boot...

I had a life kit off Jotto in the boot, but when the catr got nicked they took everything from the boot, including the lift kit.. so need to get another first which isnt on my list of priorities..
                          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

body lift

cheers for the offer id love to even just to talk surfs but the distannce is a bit far just had a hernia opp wouldnt be good to travel that far at the mo, i was told when i got the truck which was over 4yr ago now that it had a 2"lift but i wasnt that clued up then i just wanted one soon as i saw my first and iv never looked back since its the longest veichle iv ever had. Going back to the lift i need it doing so i can fit the intercooler also got a transmission cooler to fit but that wont be a problem,as for the brackets for the front bumber i could proberly make some myself got some flat plait steel would proberly do, thanks again for your very kind offer (the lang-shankit scunner )but i just might take up your offer at a later date but could not let you do it for nothing,and thanks white akita will keep an eye out for your truck im sometimes at darlington
                            cheers guys
                            mick

Comment

Your Welcome mate
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X