parking fine continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking fine continued

who was it that had that letter to send in when you get a parking ticket to say that its void?
    remember i mentioned i had one in november/early december when i parked in our car park at my flat...
    well i appealed this and heard nothing until today.
    the company is NPM (national parking management)...

they say 'its clear the charge was issued correctly; therefore payment is still due'
    they do not mention anything to do with my appeal so i think this is a standard letter!
    also they dont say how much i have to pay, and since someone stole my parking ticket because i left it on the window so i didnt get another one, i really dont know how much it is! lol

and to top it off, the letter is dated on the 1st of feb, but posted on the 4th so it got here this morning so that i read it tonight - it says 'to pay the reduced fee, they must be paid by noon on wednesday the 6th'

and that i also must pay within 7 days or else recovery action will be taken.

ill be telling them to go and do things to themselves that is to rude for this forum..
    anyone know the user name of the person who wrote the letter?

end rant
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Was the ticket issued for a valid reason?

Comment

Ask Joker??, he can't park either
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Yeah, why would you get a ticket for parking in the carpark at your flat... unless you have designated parking bays and you parked in someone elses?

Does the landlord of the flats know that there is a company issuing parking tickets on their behalf or is this company just trying it on ?

Are they a legal registered ticket enforcement company?
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

make a email to them

then we all can send it at the same time it will spike there system may they will lose your records

and they are a proper company i just checked them out on the
          companys house

http://www.nationalparkingmanagement.co.uk/

lets email them all at the same time
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            when i moved in i parked in the car park that was shown to us.. its a private one for the flats. but i didnt know your meant to have a stupid square piece of photocopied paper saying permit.
            i could have made it myself..

the thing is, i have appealed with valid reasons and they have completely ignored them. so yes, they are trying it on. and yes i need to send that letter if i can find it :/
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

oh here it is

Penalty Charge Notice:
              Date of Notice:

Dear Sir or Madam,

With reference to the above Penalty Charge Notice and your demand for payment, I would refer you to two clauses of The English Bill of Rights, 1689.

Clause 10 states:
              That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Clause 12 states:
              That all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void.

With respect to Clause 10 I would suggest that a penalty charge of £100 (or even £50) is excessive and therefore illegal under the terms of The Bill.

With respect to Clause 12 I would advise you that your request for payment without a conviction is illegal and void. Such a request is little more than an attempt to gain money by bullying and, unless you wish to take me to court to obtain the aforementioned penalty charge, I shall not be paying it.

Furthermore, I would advise you that if you do start court proceedings against me to obtain said charge I will not be liable to pay court costs as the sole purpose of the court proceedings would be to obtain the aforementioned charge.

I demand a reply within 7 days of the date of this letter advising me that you are dropping this case, however, if I do not hear from you after this period has passed I will take it as read that you have dropped any and all charges against me.

Regards,
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

doing some research and the bill of rights 1689 is still current..
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

As they are not a local authority or the police, tell them to send their invoice to the driver. You are under no obligation to tell them who it was.

Go to http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 post your ticket and await their expert advice. This ticket will unlikely be enforceable in a court of law.

Simon
                  Last edited by The Hornet; 7 February 2008, 13:30. Reason: Incorrect link

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    when i moved in i parked in the car park that was shown to us.. its a private one for the flats. but i didnt know your meant to have a stupid square piece of photocopied paper saying permit.
                    i could have made it myself..:/
                    I would speak to the landlord then as you where not issued with the "pass" to enable you to park there.. they should be sorting this out for you.
                    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      doing some research and the bill of rights 1689 is still current..

It may be current but the Government only takes notice of the bits it likes .....

For instance, The Bill of Rights enshrines our right to bear arms - it didn't stop them effectively banning pistols did it !

On the other hand - good luck with the fight !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Surely they should accept documents such as rent / mortgage or utility bill to prove that you live at that address and are therefore entitled to park there?
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

It may be current but the Government only takes notice of the bits it likes .....

For instance, The Bill of Rights enshrines our right to bear arms - it didn't stop them effectively banning pistols did it !

On the other hand - good luck with the fight !

yeah i dont understand this.. rules are rules are they not? how can one with be current and it not allowed.
                          eg, there is a law somewhere that navy men are allowed to shoot someone dressed in drag singing kareoke on their ship if its a certain day of the year... the law hasnt been changed yet, there is apparently a lot of these. but obviously im not saying it should be done etc.
                          thanks!

parkin fines are just money for nothing... if i had caused damage or hurt somebody then i would have paid already, but its a sticker
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

http://www.carbolicsmokeball.com/cat...f_Old_England/

from p.6: "It is interesting to note that Henry II also signed a law decreeing the death penalty for anyone found killing, wounding or maiming fairies"

p.256) "The Outer Space Act, 1986 prohibits ordinary citizens launching a "space object" and that under section 9 (of said act) magistrates are given the power to issue warrants and "use reasonable force" to turn back an alien invasion, provided, of course, that the aliens do not have a licence to invade"
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Before you go down this route,I would research the last time this was used in court and to check if there was any case law.

Comment

Working...
                              X