Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this Now!!!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars

I think we all should read this and sign it ASAP, know they are going to try and restrict the use of cars over a certain age.
    Please get everybody you know to do the same, before it turns into a bl**dy police state.
    Phil

Feel sorry if you have a 2nd Gen in Edinburgh.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars/#detail
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Wouldn't worry about it. It'll ne'er happen. They'd have every eco loon on their case if they tried pulling that one. And do you honestly think that everyone with a classic car would stop driving it? My arse they would.

Comment

This seems to be a pedition againts a non-existent policy??
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Have a look at the link its on the Goverment web site !!!! Or just put your head in the sand and hope it goes away.... they said the same about the London Congestion charge and look what happened there.
          If people dont voice there opinion they will always do what they want. (and they usually do)
          Luckily its been surgested all over Europe so hopefully the French will stand together as usual and do someting about it....not like us who take what ever cr*p is thrown at us and mourn like mad after.
          I dont know if it will ever actually happen, but as it only takes about 30 seconds to use the link why not give it a try, what have you got to lose? or yes your SURF....plus any other car over 10 to 15 years old.
          Phil

Comment

where has it been suggested that old cars are going to be banned???
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
              where has it been suggested that old cars are going to be banned???
              Seem to think there was a link to it in that thread about the London Loons zone charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracpan View Post
                I dont know if it will ever actually happen, but as it only takes about 30 seconds to use the link why not give it a try, what have you got to lose? or yes your SURF....plus any other car over 10 to 15 years old.
                Phil
                No need to be a drama queen. As previous threads involving these things on their site show, they take sod all notice of them. And no, I wouldn't lose any vehicle over so many years old, whatever they decided, if it ever became reality.

Comment

Have a look at the link its on the Goverment web site !!!! Or just put your head in the sand and hope it goes away.... Phil
                  The linkl actually takes you to the government petition site, anyone can register and create petitions againts any subject they like, indeed a mate did one last year that was a pedition againts the "new law banning the wearing of skirts in London" as a wind up for his GF, we all signed it.

I cannot find anything official regarding this "new law" in parliment??
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

i like classic cars. and want to get another one soon.

thing is now, 10 year old cars are what, R reg? thats hardly old is it
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                      I cannot find anything official regarding this "new law" in parliment??
                      I believe it's something which the E.U are contemplating, and the London Loony has just used as an excuse for his latest shafting session.

Comment

if this law gets passed (yea right) i will buy a new surf and tow my old one about
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Yes it is the EU that are talking about this, and you know how hard our govermant fight against them..not. Also Edinburgh has surgested a simular thing for city access. Plus one ex SHELL exec has said to bad all cars that cant reach 35mpg !!! This isnt going to end untill the tree huggers have there way, look at the tax on the new Large cars aready £400 a year. The dull thing is its better to drive older cars than waste resorces building new ones so makes me wounder if some of the manufactures are behind this idea. After all its them that would be the winners.
                          So the more noise we make the better. At least we go down fighting. Just remember all the other things they have done over the years to make our lives more expensive.. MOT's, Fuel, Road Tax, road charges, speeding & parking fines, etc etc etc
                          Cheers
                          Phil.

Comment

Plus one ex SHELL exec has said to bad all cars that cant reach 35mpg !!!
                            That is quoted out of context. That is regarding all new cars should be designed to do a minimum of 35 M.P.G.

Comment

Working...
                            X