Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
    WHERE?????

How does the 15ltr Tesco drums work out per ltr as there is a large tesco not too far from me.

The pura stuff sounds good!
    From what I can find out, the pura stuff is only available in 1ltr bottles. It is a load of faff tipping it in litre by litre but its the cheapest I've found. The 15ltr drums work out a fair bit more per litre.

If only pura would sell a 20ltr drum veggy life would be so much easier......................

cheers

Chris
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      iam going to put a full week in to finding cheap veg oil
      http://www.olympicoils.com/

This is the stuff I use.. not sure how much it is direct as I have never bothered to find out, but I am buying it from an Asian supermarket at £13.20 ish for 20 ltrs. If you take off the greedy supermarkets cut and buy in bulk it may work out ok?
      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts View Post
        Well done, I've fairly recently switched to the "veggy side"

The cheapest oil I've found is the pura oil brand. Both Tesco's and Sainsburys sell it but only in 1ltr bottles. You have to place a bulk order for it at customer services and its 56p/ltr. I have a costco account and for their cheapest 20ltr drum it works out at 70p/ltr so it works out as fair bit cheaper buying the pura stuff.
        You have to allow them 7-10 days to order it in though.

HTH

Chris
        Thanks chriss,
        I have just ordered 100ltrs of pura oil from Tesco, @56p per liter

its in 1lts bottles but hey! its only 56p compared with £1.11 diesel.

It should be in Monday. I have spent £180.00 on fuel in the Surf this week
        (6 days) (combination of diesel and veg) and its on red again!
        I am trying to be light footed but its so fun to drive
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Good stuff

cheers

chris

Comment

I emailed 'Olympic Oils' earlier on today, and a chap rang me this afternoon.

Their price is £16 for 20 litre drum for minimum order of one pallet which was 480 litres if memory serves. Not cheap!

He said I would be better buying from Costo or Booker as they both have contracts with Olympic and can offer their oil cheaper than he can for the quantities I would be interested in.

He was a forthcoming chap and we got to discussing the price of veg oil and how its fluctuating so much. He was saying that its not really anything to do with its use as a fuel, and was saying that the fuel market for veg oil is still absolutely minute compared to the foodstuffs market. He was saying (and given his job, he should know) that the main driver for rising prices has been the nosediving USA economy. He reckons that a recovery of the USA economy would see bulk veg oil prices reducing again, though he did concede that Supermarkets are profiteering on sales of smaller package quantities.

Interesting chat!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              I emailed 'Olympic Oils' earlier on today, and a chap rang me this afternoon.

Their price is £16 for 20 litre drum for minimum order of one pallet which was 480 litres if memory serves. Not cheap!

He said I would be better buying from Costo or Booker as they both have contracts with Olympic and can offer their oil cheaper than he can for the quantities I would be interested in.

He was a forthcoming chap and we got to discussing the price of veg oil and how its fluctuating so much. He was saying that its not really anything to do with its use as a fuel, and was saying that the fuel market for veg oil is still absolutely minute compared to the foodstuffs market. He was saying (and given his job, he should know) that the main driver for rising prices has been the nosediving USA economy. He reckons that a recovery of the USA economy would see bulk veg oil prices reducing again, though he did concede that Supermarkets are profiteering on sales of smaller package quantities.

Interesting chat!
              There is another place called VA Whitleys but they only have depots in Heywood, Blackpool and Colwyn Bay.. I have emailed them once and never got a reply.. and no prices on the web site.

http://www.vawhitley.co.uk/subcats.php?c=1
              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Thats interesting Apache, I emailed them yesterday too although I had no reply.
                The supermarkets have the best deal then.

Saying that, I tried to order at Sainsburys last night and they claimed it was unavailable. I'll have to try Tescos and see what they say.
                I can't help feeling that the cheap pura oil days may soon be over although hopefully, as above, bulk prices will drop again.

cheers

chris

Comment

I'm giving the veggie oil a try too. i called in to a small sainsbury near my home yesterday and picked up a 3lt bottle for £2.21 = 74p/lt put it in and filled the tank with diesel after. i hope i won't feel any difference in performance at that mix. so far no smell.

i will go to tesco tonight and try to get some cheaper stuff and increase amount of oil per tankful. i will build up to 50/50 and if i have no problems i may even give waste veggie oil a go. at least it will give the local cats some exercise chasing me down the road.
                  Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Working...
                  X