My First 3 Gen (SSRX Limited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First 3 Gen (SSRX Limited)

Yippi I have finaly got one! I drove it back from Torquay to Folkestone 260 miles on just half a tank.

Lovely drive, I was worried about having an auto but I actually really like it, thanks for the advice on autos guys.

Lovely motor just a couple of niggly little bits which I hope I can get a few tips for.

One is that there are some of the lights on the switches don't work, the switches work just not the lights illuminated wording (mirror controls etc) is it just an led under the switch that i can change?

Also the Ariel doesn't raise or lower, the motor tries to work but nothing happens, I will have a closer look, but if it the the contacts on the brushes of the motor can these be repaired or is it a new motor?

The only other thing is that with the blacked out windows I cant see when reversing at night, would putting an extra bright reversing light help and would that be road legal?

I'm going to give the veg oil a go! I have read most of the posts on here (hours worth) am I right in understanding that you no longer have to register?

The next thing after the above is done is to raise the body, suspension lift, winch on front and get it muddy/er. I'm looking forward to a bit of green laning and seeing what setup others have put on there Surfs.

All I want now is the snow down here!
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

a black 3rd gen!!

Very nice mate!!

Comment

schweet,

looks good
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Niiiiiiiiice lookin truck, just calling out for a lift or two. As for the mirror switch, it's a common problem with illumination, They don't have a light. Only the drivers window switch is illuminated.
        Give Tonyn a call and get him to do the bodylift and get a TJM 60mm suspension lift kit off him too, they're awesome.
        And finally for reversing in the dark get a camera..

Here's mine with the above lifts and 33" BFS's:

And here's the cam:

http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          a black 3rd gen!!

Very nice mate!!

What he said!!!!

Love the wheels too.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

And finally for reversing in the dark get a camera..
            Thats a great idea, does the camera need cleaning being on the bumper i.e mud and spray?
            If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Looks nice, once your ready I will look out for you at woodlands
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                Thats a great idea, does the camera need cleaning being on the bumper i.e mud and spray?
                Not any more often than you'd wash the truck. Last time i washed mine was just after christmas and the picture is still fine.
                Gets a little fuzzy in heavy rain but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                  Not any more often than you'd wash the truck. Last time i washed mine was just after christmas and the picture is still fine.
                  Gets a little fuzzy in heavy rain but still good.
                  Look, I hate to point this out, but youve got some strange looking people in some kind of Victorian dress standing behind your truck.

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

That's my parents you cheeky swine

Comment

Working...
                    X