No announcement yet.

Ice Road Truckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is an idea why dont they install air bags that inflate when the truck is in danger of falling through the ice it might give the driver time to get out!! i`m off to dragons den!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
      here is an idea why dont they install air bags that inflate when the truck is in danger of falling through the ice it might give the driver time to get out!! i`m off to dragons den!!
      because that would be too easy hehe
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        i just watched the first episode last night, theyre mental, how fun that would be though!
        but, as it keeps saying its like -40, then why was some bloke outside the truck with a t-shirt on strapping up his load?

where is the person on here that is emigrating to canada and being a truck driver? is it M3aD52 or something

looks like there is a 2nd season as well:
        http://imdb.com/title/tt1068912/episodes#season-1

this one looks more like a documentary than a mocumentary / soap
        http://imdb.com/title/tt0354642/

That would be me mate, M35A2...

Yes I'm emigrating to Canada. I'm a truck driver here and I will be a truck driver there. I should be going at the end of the year, although I may put it off until Feb or March as if I go in the middle of winter I will have to learn the job with 4'ft of snow on the ground.

I have already got the job, but unlike here, the employer lets you come out when you want. When I was at the interview I told them it may be a little over a year before I went out and they were fine with that.

I'm moving to Lethbridge in Alberta, 1hr from the Rockies and 2hrs from Calgary. Will be driving Freightliner Cascadia 470bhp with a reefer box. Trips from Canada to the USA, reload in USA and back to Canada.

My company doesn't do the "Ice Roads" but there are companies that have English drivers that do. A lot of the fuel tankers in the programme are from a company that employs English drivers. There is also a flat deck company that does the roads too.

I wouldn't mind doing it once. For the money, but mainly for the experience. Don't think my missus would be very impressed though and neither would my sleep pattern...

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2 View Post
          That would be me mate, M35A2...

Yes I'm emigrating to Canada. I'm a truck driver here and I will be a truck driver there. I should be going at the end of the year, although I may put it off until Feb or March as if I go in the middle of winter I will have to learn the job with 4'ft of snow on the ground.

I have already got the job, but unlike here, the employer lets you come out when you want. When I was at the interview I told them it may be a little over a year before I went out and they were fine with that.

I'm moving to Lethbridge in Alberta, 1hr from the Rockies and 2hrs from Calgary. Will be driving Freightliner Cascadia 470bhp with a reefer box. Trips from Canada to the USA, reload in USA and back to Canada.

My company doesn't do the "Ice Roads" but there are companies that have English drivers that do. A lot of the fuel tankers in the programme are from a company that employs English drivers. There is also a flat deck company that does the roads too.

I wouldn't mind doing it once. For the money, but mainly for the experience. Don't think my missus would be very impressed though and neither would my sleep pattern...

were you in the army at all? i wish you all the best with your new work placement
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            were you in the army at all? i wish you all the best with your new work placement

Hi again. Thanks for your wishes mate...

Yes, I was in the Army for 8 years. How did you guess??

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2 View Post
              Hi again. Thanks for your wishes mate...

Yes, I was in the Army for 8 years. How did you guess??

your avatar!
              did you get your truck license from the army? my friends who are in the army now have every digit on their license, i dont think there is any more they can get.
              i would like to drive a truck, may be i could go down that route as well?
              when you emigrate to canada, do you get a canadian passport or do you keep your british one?
              my friend is moving to canada soon, my other friend is looking to move to australia because his sister has gone with their family. my grandad has moved to australia with his family, i would rather go to canada - the temperatures suit me better there. i was going to try and blag that my mate who is emigrating there was my cousin or some thing but i dont think that would work lol
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X