• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
    Now you're just being piccy!!
    Or picky, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Not this year! I'll PM you later.
      You just sticking to supplying mod kit only this year then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
        Well, I'll remember in future to write a full 100 page spec beforehand because that is obviously the only way for a minority of people to work.
        you need to be specific or else your not going to get what you think you asked for.

if i went in to a shop to get a spring lift for my truck and said

'i need a coil of metal mate'

do you think i will get two 2" rear springs for my '92 surf ?

doubt it.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          thank you for giving me a word to look up
          If we are on opposite lanes of a motorway, and I tell you we're going to drive off at the same time, and that I will continually radio you my speed and that I want you to match it, are you going to sit there and not drive off?
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

• Oh behave now ladies. You're both argumentative tarts.

Comment

you need to be specific or else your not going to get what you think you asked for.

if i went in to a shop to get a spring lift for my truck and said

'i need a coil of metal mate'

do you think i will get two 2" rear springs for my '92 surf ?

doubt it.
              No, but you do have to draw a line somewhere. Do I need to specify the pilots age, the airplanes colour, the outside temperature? No, there are limits as to what are necessary. There are some assumptions that you can make, and some principles that it shouldn't be necessary to state. The principle that all speed measurements will be taken from the same static point is one such assumption.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by MattF View Post
                Oh behave now ladies. You're both argumentative tarts.
                No we're not!
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

• Dieselboy... One more time.

WHAT IS THIS FORCE THAT THE CONVEYOR PLACES ON THE PLANE?
                  HOW, ON THE FACE OF GODS GREEN EARTH CAN THE CONVEYOR GRIP A ROLLING WHEEL????

This. is. the. one. single. important. fact.

Look at it, go get a toy car with wheels that turn, (preferably a heavy one..) put it on a piece of paper, then pull the paper out from underneath it. Backwards or forwards, it doesn't matter. The only thing that will move the vehicle is the friction in the bearing which is easily overcome.
                  Its called free wheeling, because the wheel is free, I.E. not driven, by an engine, it will only roll.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                    Now you're just being piccy!!
                    and why not.
                    if you bought a car, you would be piccy.
                    you wouldnt want orange peel paint, because its okay-ish

when your doing science, you have to be piccy. or else you dont get results.

and posting a question with so many variables and expecting an exact answer is mad.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

and posting a question with so many variables and expecting an exact answer is mad.
                      How about an approximately correct answer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                        Dieselboy... One more time.

WHAT IS THIS FORCE THAT THE CONVEYOR PLACES ON THE PLANE?
                        HOW, ON THE FACE OF GODS GREEN EARTH CAN THE CONVEYOR GRIP A ROLLING WHEEL????

This. is. the. one. single. important. fact.

Look at it, go get a toy car with wheels that turn, (preferably a heavy one..) put it on a piece of paper, then pull the paper out from underneath it. Backwards or forwards, it doesn't matter. The only thing that will move the vehicle is the friction in the bearing which is easily overcome.
                        Its called free wheeling, because the wheel is free, I.E. not driven, by an engine, it will only roll.

well work this one out.

if there is no force acting on the wheel, then it would roll for an infinate time. it would never stop.
                        since this doesnt happen, then there MUST be a force acting. its simple science.

i pushed my toy car along the ground, and it went a few feet and stopped.
                        by your science, it should have carried on going, and going and never stopped until it hit a wall.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

If we are on opposite lanes of a motorway, and I tell you we're going to drive off at the same time, and that I will continually radio you my speed and that I want you to match it, are you going to sit there and not drive off?
                          well, you come accross as a nice enough bloke, i cant see the harm in driving off.
                          if you were someone i didnt like then i might not
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            How about an approximately correct answer?
                            For an approximately correct question.

Radical!!

Stop it you lot, I'm trying to change a rear wheel bearing on Linda's truck, but keep having to come indoors for the latest installment. Its taken over an hour just get the halfshaft out!!
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No, but you do have to draw a line somewhere. Do I need to specify the pilots age, the airplanes colour, the outside temperature? No, there are limits as to what are necessary. There are some assumptions that you can make, and some principles that it shouldn't be necessary to state. The principle that all speed measurements will be taken from the same static point is one such assumption.
                              why would you want to specify the age and what not of the pilot? that has no relevence here,.

you clearly not understanding that you missed to provide a serious factor in your equasion, and because of this, you get different results and wonder why.

einstein also states that if you know every factor, you can calculate every outcome. somewhere.
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                                For an approximately correct question.

Radical!!

Stop it you lot, I'm trying to change a rear wheel bearing on Linda's truck, but keep having to come indoors for the latest installment. Its taken over an hour just get the halfshaft out!!
                                lol
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X