Long trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long trip

On Saturday I ended up doing the first long trip in my Surf, from Falmouth to Bisley and back.

Originally I had palnned to go in my girlfirends car, thinking it might be cheaper on fuel. But it has developed an alternator problem and is draining the battery.

So plan B take the Surf.

So left Falmouth at 6am on saturday morning with 80 bottles of Pura on the back seat, two dogs and my stepson.
    Got to Bisley bang on my estimated time, but what a comfortable journey. I found the Surf to be the nicest vehicle i have yet owned for distance driving.

Any way did the bit of business that I went there for and headed home.

The round trip used all my 80 bottles of veg oil plus a total of 7 litres of diesel to top the tank off. The total cost of the trip in temrs of fuel was £54, about £10 cheaper at current prices than if I had taken the Astra!

The only really annoying bit was having to open all those 1l bottles and tip them in the tank.

So now u found a cheap way to run ur surf, u coming laning this weekend??

Comment

just been from sheffield to malaga in spain and back. surf drove beautifully but a bit disapointing with MPG last time i did the trip it averaged 33 MPG this time only 25.5MPG. only difference is that it was serviced in spain . its ready for another service so i will keep my eye on consumption.
      Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Working...
      X