Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay help please

Hi,

I have been selling an old mobile phone on ebay and it just finished. all was going well until some knobhead decided to put some stupid bids in,I couldn't find a way of removing the bid, so it ended up selling for £1000!!!

However I'm certain this isn't going to get paid, but is there anything i can do?

cheers,

Martin

ps. here's the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESO:IT&ih=018
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Email bidder2 if his offer was enough for you to sell and sort it out with him with a second chance offer and report the winning bidder to ebay.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

can you contact the second highest bid and give them a second offer chance and explain that some W@nker mucked up the bids
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

thats the only thing i can think of, but for all i know there were legitimate bidders who may have gone an extra £10 or so just before it ended, but because these idiots jumped in with £1000, obviously no-one else is going to bid.

you never know i might get a paypal payment for £1000! (if i did, are they able to claim it back, in some elaborate scam?)

thanks,

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          Email bidder2 if his offer was enough for you to sell and sort it out with him with a second chance offer and report the winning bidder to ebay.
          exactly right,similar happens to me,just sold set of surf wheels,only 72 quid,but im brighton,winning bidder is bradford lololol,but he reckons in broken english he will be down next weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
            can you contact the second highest bid and give them a second offer chance and explain that some W@nker mucked up the bids
            send him an email that you want the money straight away by paypal
            give him negative feed back
            or relist it due to a time wasting w@nker
            SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

I'm wondering how someone bid up from £80 to £980 in one leap... It would normally just increase by a minimum amount.

I reckon the top two bidders know each other, and the bidder who's maximum bid was £980 was doing it for a laugh, but his mate called his bluff by bidding £1000. Soooo, you're dealing with a pair of ######s, not just one.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                exactly right,similar happens to me,just sold set of surf wheels,only 72 quid,but im brighton,winning bidder is bradford lololol,but he reckons in broken english he will be down next weekend!!!!
                I hear your second bidder is a bit dogey too
                www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

2 things, Do you know the names of all the bidders? And, be honest here, were you shill bidding?

I've intentionally done something similar to this to a person who was shill bidding against me.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

whats shill bidding?

Well its been sorted now anyway, but i'm not happy!

Just had an email from ebay saying that the persons account had been stolen and as such the transaction was void. so they've deleted the listing and everything.

so i can't easily relist it, nor can i contact the last genuine bidder to offer it to them instead.

BAG OF SH!TE!!!!

ah well, ebay's gay anyway.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
                      whats shill bidding?

Well its been sorted now anyway, but i'm not happy!

Just had an email from ebay saying that the persons account had been stolen and as such the transaction was void. so they've deleted the listing and everything.

so i can't easily relist it, nor can i contact the last genuine bidder to offer it to them instead.

BAG OF SH!TE!!!!

ah well, ebay's gay anyway.

Martin
                      shill bidding is u gettin sumone to bid on it to get the figure up,and yes v gay lololol,ps did any of the bidders email u with questions?if so u have there names.......

Comment

again

I had this the other week, its a ###### nuiscance,
                        and it was followed up with crap PAYPAL type demand

'you need to send this item off to jungle-land and we'll send you money by return
                        your account otherwise suspended blah blah blah'

its widespread. apparent solution may be
                        bidders with less than 5 feedbacks contact me before bidding.

although you'll almost certainly find highest bidder has already been binned off E-bay and receive a mail saying so from them

my last One hailed from
                        The public house
                        in a town in Devon
                        and wanted phone sent to his daddie in Nigeria

Comment

Just relist item stating reason for doing so.
                          No overseas bidders and no bidders with less than 10 positive feedbacks.

Ebay should allow you to list it for free.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Seems you were just unlucky.

Isn't there an option to either re-list or offer a second chance to someone?

There's 2 types of Shill bidding, as a buyer and as a seller.

First thing for either methods is to set up an account that is untraceable to your main account.

To shill as a buyer; bid for an item on your main account, put a very large maximum bid in. If an item is worth £100, put your maximum at £200 for instance. Now on your throw away account, put a maximum bid of £220. Everyone will look at the auction and look at the price, then ignore it as the price is too high. Then, as late as possible, withdraw the bid from your throw away account, your main account's price will drop back to the auction start price. Remembering to lower your maximum bid from the main account too.

To shill as a seller; use your throw away account to put in a stupidly high bid, this will reveal all your buyer's maximum bids. Withdraw this bid and wait until the auction is about to close, best to use a sniping system, then place a bid just below the main buyer's maximum. His bid will automatically outbid you. If you make a mistake, just start the unpaid item process...

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              shill bidding is u gettin sumone to bid on it to get the figure up,and yes v gay lololol,
                              Not quite, a shill bidder needs to be a bit more sneaky than that to be effective.

It may be gay, but it is rife and can be a nice wee earner if it's not noticed.

Comment

Working...
                              X